🎨 🌟 💻 Lead Front End Engineer at Embrace
About the role
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Lead Front End Engineer who’s passionate about visualizing massive datasets and building developer-focused products that engineers and data scientists love. As a developer-focused platform, we are invested heavily in our user interface, making it cool, and innovating quickly. You’ll own the end-to-end design of major deliverables, optimize the user experience, and implement new features. If you’re excited to help build world-class solutions, with the best technologies and even better people, we should chat.
What You’ll Do
- Own the overall architecture and performance of all user-facing products
- Collaborate with Product and Design to build new features and improve the existing experience
- Coach and support teammates on complex technical issues
- Talk to customers’ engineers to garner direct and continuous feedback
- Continuously improve the code, build test cases, and optimize performance
- 5+ years of web frontend development
- 1+ year of experience with React
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with performance optimization and test-driven coding
- Understanding of Python or GoLang
- Ability to breakdown work from a Figma spec or design into smaller tasks
- Excitement for building beautiful designs and external tools for engineers
- High competency and low ego, you have a passion for helping people both inside and outside of your company
- A love of Star Wars (or maybe Star Trek)
- Ownership : Growth is achievable only by empowering with ownership
- Perspective : We seek to understand your perspective
- Honesty : Brutal honesty delivered kindly
- Simplest : Simplest solutions are identified by focusing on outcomes
- Investing : Meaningful insights are formed by investing time
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
Why you should join Embrace
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only data, observability, and resolution platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!