📈 🚀 ✨ Controller at Embrace
About the role
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
You will be the first controller to join Embrace and begin to lay the foundation to set us up for long term success. You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy creating structure, processes, and strategic financial decisions in SaaS companies. We’re looking for a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment while demonstrating a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly.
What You’ll Do
- Streamline, maintain, and improve processes & internal controls
- Ensuring compliance with regulations
- Maintain company SaaS reporting metrics working closely with Business Operations and the Manager of FP&A
- Distribute monthly reporting to department heads detailing variances to budget for the month and YTD
- Produce insightful, analytical monthly management reports for the board and executive team
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years of operational accounting experience, including prior controller experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excitement around navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Trustworthiness and excellent communication skills
- Experience in technology or SaaS startups
- Managed and built a financial team of controllers and analysts
- CPA and/or MBA
- An opinion on Star Wars vs Star Trek
- Ownership : Growth is achievable only by empowering with ownership
- Perspective : We seek to understand your perspective
- Honesty : Brutal honesty delivered kindly
- Simplest : Simplest solutions are identified by focusing on outcomes
- Investing : Meaningful insights are formed by investing time
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
Why you should join Embrace
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only data, observability, and resolution platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!