🚀 ✨ 🤖 Senior Data Engineer at Embrace
About the role
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
We’re looking for a senior data engineer with deep technical skills and experience. You will own the data infrastructure vision, working alongside the CTO, by creating systems and datasets that the entire company will use. You will design, build, scale, and evolve our data engineering platforms, services and tooling. We are seeking someone who wants to back impact and lay a solid foundation as we are quickly expanding.
What You’ll Do
- Select, evaluate, and implement the newest and evolving technologies to collect high volume, infinitely cardinal data sets
- Own one of the most modern data infrastructure to create highly-efficient data pipelines that connect to the entire data infrastructure from Snowflake and Big Query to streaming technologies
- Design and implement data management services for data trust, data compliance, data access and scalable and configurable metadata management.
- Optimize data pipelines to scale to processing of 100B+ messages per day in real time
- Develop methods to ensure the integrity of very complex and evolving data sets
- 5+ years experience with Python or Golang OR excited to learn Python or Golang plus experience with Java, Rust, C/C++
- Demonstrate a sense of logic, decision making and problem resolution skills
- Experience with processing data in large volumes and managing with data stores
- Experience working with time-series data
- Experience profiling and optimizing systems in production
- Experience creating data pipelines with Kafka, Cassandra, and Clickhouse
- An opinion on Star Wars vs Star Trek
- Ownership : Growth is achievable only by empowering with ownership
- Perspective : We seek to understand your perspective
- Honesty : Brutal honesty delivered kindly
- Simplest : Simplest solutions are identified by focusing on outcomes
- Investing : Meaningful insights are formed by investing time
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
Why you should join Embrace
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only data, observability, and resolution platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!