📈 💲 🚀 Director of Finance at Embrace
About the role
Our world is mobile — the phones in our pockets, our 10+ IoT devices at home, the cars we drive, the way we conduct our work, and the point-of-sale devices from which we buy our coffee and donuts. Embrace is on a mission to make all of our edge experiences exceptional by helping revolutionary companies evolve and excel in this mobile-world that did not exist even 7 years ago. Customers, like Goat, Hilton, Masterclass, Home Depot, and Cameo, love Embrace’s mobile observability and data platform because it makes extremely complicated and voluminous data actionable.
About the Role
We’re looking for a financial leader! You will head the Finance team at Embrace to set us up for long term success, joining other executives in the same mission. You will add to our growing team that is dedicated to improving the performance and stability of mobile applications around the world. You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy creating structure, processes, and strategic financial decisions in SaaS companies.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Embrace’s strategic, financial and operational goals
- Implement key financial processes and the analysis of our monthly operating results, forecasts, budgets, and the annual operating plan
- Clearly communicate financial results, planning expectations, and outcomes. You will own and manage the entire finance calendar
- Partner across organizational and functional boundaries to drive projects to completion
- Evolve KPIs, ensuring measurement of key performance drivers and leading indicators
- Maintain a long-range plan in support of the company’s strategy vision and goals
- 8+ years of experience in FP&A, Corporate Development, Management Consulting, Private Equity or a similar role
- Lead and develop a Corporate FP&A function in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Willing to challenge the status quo; recommend and implement process improvements
- Experience in technology or SaaS startups
- Managed and built a financial team of controllers and analysts
- CPA and/or MBA
- Strong financial modeling skills
- An opinion on Star Wars vs Star Trek
- Ownership : Growth is achievable only by empowering with ownership
- Perspective : We seek to understand your perspective
- Honesty : Brutal honesty delivered kindly
- Simplest : Simplest solutions are identified by focusing on outcomes
- Investing : Meaningful insights are formed by investing time
Why join Embrace?
Embrace is growing and recently raised a Series B backed by YCombinator, NEA, Greycroft, and the founders of Testflight, Parse, and PagerDuty. The repeat founding team also started Scopely, a $3B+ unicorn mobile startup. Enterprises, revolutionaries, and vendors rely on the Embrace Data Platform to capture 100% of user-behavioral and technical time-based session data rather than relying on sampling. The engineering, data science, UX, and product teams at NYTimes, Hyatt, OkCupid, and Owlet are driving their businesses with Embrace.
Why you should join Embrace
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only data, observability, and resolution platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!