We are looking for a People Ops as our first People hire in the company to help us build a high-performing, mission-driven, and kind team as Emi enters a period of explosive growth. Through your work across the full-employee cycle, from recruiting to onboarding to individual and team development, you will help make Emi the mission-driven place to work in and the best career decisions anyone has ever made. This position will work close to our CEO & Co-Founder, and it will report to our Ops team.
What we are looking for in a candidate
- +3 yrs of proven experience working in talent acquisition challenges. Experience working around Engineering roles is a must. Additional experience in other areas, like culture or development, is a plus.
- You have analytical rigor and a hypothesis-driven approach to make people strategy decisions, and to design and improve critical processes. We'll prioritize analytics and a process-driven mindset above other traits.
- You have an immense passion for creating & scaling an exceptional, high-performing, empathetic, global and kind culture. You are curious and have excellent knowledge of culture and HR best practices and industry standards.
- You are a flexible leader. You can operate at a strategic level, but can also perform all tactical HR - related duties for the company.
- You are a fluent English speaker (must).
How will your main responsibilities look like
- Improve Talent Acquisition & Retention Strategy: *Recruit and retain a diverse workforce to meet the needs of the organization *Increase the percentage of managers with active positions in the year who indicate satisfaction or high satisfaction with the HR hiring support provided, as measured by the survey *Increase the percentage of active open positions filled within the targeted deadline *Ensure our compensation and performance management processes are designed and executed to align and maximize our people’s performance with the goals of the organization *Design and execute an Employer Branding strategy *Organizational design, help discover and implement the most optimal team structure.
- Organizational Excellence: *Collaborate with the whole team to define and document our people processes and Habits of Excellence. You need to achieve results but also build scalable processes along the way *Administer HR policy and programs effectively and efficiently, while maintaining internal customer satisfaction and meeting budget constraints *Partner with Accounting and Legal to hire and retain in multiple geographic locations. You'll ensure compliance and a unified employee experience regardless of where the candidate is located.
At Emi Labs (YC '19) we are on a mission to increase frontline workers' access to
professional opportunities by building the infrastructure for Frontline Workers (check our
manifesto here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/our-manifesto-building-infrastructure-frontline-workers-emi-labs/). As our first step, we are transforming the high-volume recruiting
process of Frontline Workers to make it as simple, human, and fair as possible for both
Candidates and Recruiters. Our product is a SaaS recruitment platform powered by AI
that helps companies engage with candidates via text to drive faster and more efficient
hiring processes. We are growing fast, well funded, and obsessed with making our mission
Some of their customers include Walmart, Burger King, Starbucks, 7-Eleven, Danone, Imperfect Foods, or Heineken.