Therapeutics Scientist (Ph.D. Required) at Epinoma
About the role
- Lead and execute process development to optimize cell growth, transfection, and viral infection using shake flasks, small-scale, and large-scale bioreactors.
- Generate and maintain cell lines
- Execute and develop assays to enable/detect epigenetic modifications and resultant gene expression for protein therapeutics
- Provide support for and lead the transfer of developed upstream processes to internal and external manufacturing parties
- Author technical reports, SOPs, batch records and technology transfer documents; contribute to scientific documentation of patent applications and subsequent internal and external presentation and/or publication of new technologies
- Support lab operations through management of lab equipment; support development of lab capabilities through analysis of lab operations and capital management. Lead acquisition of new lab equipment as needed including assessing requirements and developing proposals.
- Generate, manage, and maintain critical methods and data in a highly organized manner including experimental reports, SOPs, batch records, technology transfer documents, etc.
- Train and oversee junior colleagues with respect to lab activities
- Ph.D in molecular biology, bioinformatics, bioengineering, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related fields
- Previous experience developing manufacturing processes in protein biologics
- Previous experience of immunoassay/ligand binding assay techniques for quantification of protein therapeutics
- Broad expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques in a BSL1 and BSL2 environment
- Proficient with immunoprecipitation such as ChIP or ELISA
- Proficient with Flow cytometry analysis and fluorescence activated cell sorting
- Strong desire to learn new techniques, willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team, and * be productive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ph.D. with 0-2 years of industry or relevant experience in process development
- Prior experience working with rAAV or gene therapy products desired
- Prior experience working with epigenetic modifications
- Experience with light and confocal microscopy is highly desirable
- Knowledge of statistical design of experiments, as well as data analysis using JMP or other statistical package is desired
- Boldness - We take courageous stances to explore new scientific and clinical challenges.
- Excellence - We constantly push ourselves to deliver more value and impact..
- Integrity - We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical and operational standards to ensure safety of * patients.
- Collaboration - We leverage diversity of thought and multi-disciplinary mindsets.
Epinoma is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Epinoma
Epinoma is pushing the boundaries of scientific excellence and protein engineering to make the world a healthier place to live. Our first customer will be the 50B market of blood test developers as our technology can improve their product performance. Longer term, we will build a second generation of epigenetic medicines that are safer and more effective for patients.