Diagnostic Development Research Associate at Epinoma
About the role
- Use software such as Benchling, Snapgene, and NCBI BLAST to help scientists design DNA-binding proteins and respective target sequences
- Use software such as Primer3 to design, test, and optimize PCR primer conditions for qPCR
- Perform protein-DNA pulldowns with endpoint, hydrolysis-probe qPCR
- Chemical and enzymatic analysis of methylation patterns in genes of interest
- Assist in design of protein-DNA assays alongside research scientists and collaborators
- Prepare buffers or reagents and clean glassware to aid other researchers
- Maintain timely and detailed entries into an electronic notebook and database
- Assist in refinement and development of novel standard operating procedures
- [Senior RA Only] Independently design experimental plans with some supervision of research scientists
- [Senior RA Only] Coordinate and delegate tasks for Research Associate I
- Bachelors or Masters of Science [Senior RA Only] in Molecular Biology or related field. New graduates with at least 6 months of relevant lab experience are welcome to apply.
- Experience with interchelating/hydrolysis-probe qPCR, protein blotting, protein-DNA pulldowns
- Working knowledge of PAGE gel electrophoresis, electrophoretic mobility shift assays (EMSA), and fluorescence anisotropy.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Collaborative attitude with strong communication skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as pipetting and standing for long periods (2-4 hours)
- Ability to read small text and labels
- Familiarity with working in a startup environment
- Experience with immunoprecipitation such as ChIP or ELISA
- Familiarity with handling hazardous substances including liquid nitrogen and biohazards such as bodily fluids. Lab safety training will be provided and will be completed within 1 month of hiring
- [Senior RA Only] At least 6 months of industry experience or 1 year of experience designing research projects
- Boldness - We take courageous stances to explore new scientific and clinical challenges.
- Excellence - We constantly push ourselves to deliver more value and impact..
- Integrity - We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical and operational standards to ensure safety of * patients.
- Collaboration - We leverage diversity of thought and multi-disciplinary mindsets.
Epinoma is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Epinoma
Epinoma is pushing the boundaries of scientific excellence and protein engineering to make the world a healthier place to live. Our first customer will be the 50B market of blood test developers as our technology can improve their product performance. Longer term, we will build a second generation of epigenetic medicines that are safer and more effective for patients.