Mid-level Software Engineer at EquipmentShare
About the role
EquipmentShare is searching for several talented Software Engineers to help us expand our teams and product offerings. We are interested in collaborative, service-oriented Engineers who thrive in environments of autonomy and ownership - folks who can help us achieve our goals by solving unique and hard problems for our users.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected jobsite for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare’s product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare’s rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it’s a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we’ve built into our rental fleet. And it’s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
The EquipmentShare team is a close-knit group of professionals who all share an interest in providing a service and product that improve our customer’s experience. Above all, we care about building something people want, and the only way to do that is by assembling a skilled, passionate and talented team. Our mission is to improve productivity and efficiency throughout the entire construction industry, and our people are how we make achieving that goal possible.
We’re seeking a Front End Engineer who loves a challenge and wants the opportunity to grow with a fast-paced company. Industry competitors often have layers of tenured management that create barriers to career advancement. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at EquipmentShare, where you’ll find no shortage of challenging yet fulfilling work, chances to build new skills and supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
- As a member of a Product Team you will collaborate with peers to define, design, build, test, and deploy user-focused product features.
- Mostly/Totally autonomous
- May require occasional direction
- Takes operational responsibility
- Sets measurable goals and meets them
- Owns a functional area
- Breaks down large requests into sub-tasks as required
- Builds defined features, investigates and fixes bugs, writes tests
- Communicates progress via high-level status updates
- Identifies and socializes blocking issues
- Reviews merge/pull requests (code changes)
- May participate in candidate interviews and technical evaluations
- Helps mentor new hires
- Weighs technical decisions against the needs of the business
- Highly invested in learning the domain
- Growing toward modeling of Solution Design and Coaching other Engineers
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that’s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
While we are a cloud-native company who leverages a myriad of cloud-based tools and applications in addition to React, ReactNative, Python, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, GraphQL, and so on, it is not a requirement that you be knowledgeable in any specific language/technology. We believe good engineers can learn whatever is necessary to learn.
With that, we are looking for Engineers who are:
Must be qualified to work in the United States - we are not sponsoring any candidates at this time
- A genuine desire to learn and to help others
- Should have
- Applicable knowledge of agile development practices and principles
- Demonstrated and notable history of solving complex technical problems
- Experienced with automated testing (unit testing and integration testing)
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Emotionally intelligent
- Advanced problem-solver
- Able to work autonomously, and be willing to seek assistance when needed
- Team Player
- Graduated from a bootcamp, college, or even be self-taught
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Hands-on, working knowledge of one of the following: React/ReactNative, Python, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Arrogant jerk
- To the detriment of delivering on business goals, disappears into projects that don't matter to the business
- Fails to identify or communicate big roadblocks
- Us-vs-them attitude
- Continually underestimates timelines
- Doesn’t take operational excellence seriously
- Solutions are more complicated than necessary
- Creates as many problems as s/he solves.
- Doesn’t delegate
- Always says “yes” and suffers burn-out
- Jumps into execution without careful consideration
- Lets details slip through the cracks
- Fails to raise awareness of projects at risk or people-problems
- Doesn’t follow new technologies or industry tends
- Avoids or refuses to radiate information
- Does not volunteer for interview and tech evaluation opportunities
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Work culture is extremely important here at Equipment Share
- 100% remote first (we have been this way prior to COVID)
- Professional Development Time provided every week
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Training and Conference budgets
- Very flexible work schedules
- Company Wellness Program
- Fitness Membership Stipend
- Family Dinner night Stipend
- Family Fun Events throughout the year
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + match
- Unlimited PTO
- Your choice of machine (MacBook, Linux, PC) plus 32" Curved Monitor
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve had explosive growth—and we’re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we’d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V
Why you should join EquipmentShare
EquipmentShare delivers cloud solutions for the construction industry