Software Engineer at Etleap
About the role
Etleap came to be out of the frustration with how much time data wrangling takes away from the actual analysis. We were just tired of spending time building and maintaining data pipelines. Then we noticed, so is everyone else! That is why we’ve created an intuitive ETL tool that easily enables the data analysts themselves to integrate data from any source. This way data analysts can do their most significant work faster than ever before.
Now we are looking to add engineers to our core engineering team to help build the infrastructure that modern data teams depend on to create and operate their data warehouse! It shouldn’t take a CS degree to use big data effectively, and abstracting away the difficult parts is our mission.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What you are going to do:
- Be part of the team that is building the next generation of ETL software
- Come up with novel ideas on how to make complex technology user-friendly, and then turn those ideas into software
- Improve the scalability, performance, and robustness of our data processing systems
What we want to see in you:
- You love data engineering
- You build robust and scalable data systems three times as fast as other developers
- Coding in Java is second nature to you
- You have a passion for improving data analytics
- You’re living in or willing work in San Francisco
- You’re excited to work in a scrappy environment
- You’re down to earth and fun to be around. This is an absolute must!
Big plus if you have the following:
- Have experience with Cascading, Docker, and AWS
- Know the ins and outs of current big data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, or Flink, but this is not an absolute requirement - you’re a quick learner!
- Have startup experience
To apply, send your resume to jobs @ etleap.com.
Why you should join Etleap
Etleap's mission is to transform the way businesses drive analytics projects.
We started Etleap out of frustration with the exorbitant amounts of engineering work required to set up, maintain, and scale data pipelines for analytics. Our vision is to make it simple for analytics teams to quickly and securely connect the data sources that power their businesses. We’re doing this by removing all of the traditional complexities of data integration and creating a new kind of ETL that enables the end user of data to integrate and transform data from any source.
Our team is customer-obsessed and values openness and being experimental. We’re growing fast, and we’re backed by First Round Capital, SV Angel, YCombinator, and a number of other top-tier investors.