Technical Recruiter at Zip
About the role
We’re scaling quickly at Zip (YC S2020) and hiring our first recruiter to build a world-class team together!
Zip is tackling the $50B+ TAM space to transform the way businesses manage spend. We started Zip because we saw the challenges companies had using outdated 20 year old software to manage hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
We’ve built an incredible team including former early employees at Segment + Produtiv + Quora, and key hires from Airbnb + Google + Facebook + Salesforce + Apple.
We graduated from YC as part of the S20 batch and have since raised $36m from YC Continuity and a select group of strategic B2B SaaS angels, including the cofounders of Looker (sold to Google for $2.6b), Mixpanel, and Algolia.
The opportunity As Zip’s first recruiter, you will be responsible for one of the most important things in the company -- growing the team. You will be responsible for all aspects of the recruiting lifecycle from sourcing to screening to closing candidates. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter who is able to independently define and manage the recruiting process.
- Partner with Zip’s founders and senior managers to define hiring needs and ideal candidate profiles
- Source a large pipeline of high quality candidates across 3-4 high priority roles at a given time
- Effectively source and attract a diverse pool of candidates
- Engage with a high bar of candidates, vet and screen them, and manage interviewing and hiring process from start to finish (includes technical and non technical candidates)
- Assist in compensation conversations and negotiation
- Do whatever it takes to close the best candidates + deliver a great interviewing experience
- Track recruiting metrics and performance to continuously improve the recruiting processes
- 2+ years’ experience in technical recruiting
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Pride yourself in being incredibly proactive
- Experience working with product and engineering teams closely (working with sales, marketing, and other teams is a plus)
- Willing to do whatever it takes to hire the best people at Zip
Why you should join Zip
Who we are:
From utilizing new SaaS tools to hiring expert consultants, modern companies rely on external vendors more than ever before. Yet companies still rely on legacy ERP systems, some built over a decade ago, to manage spend and compliance. That’s why we started Evergreen (YC S2020), the first modern spend management system. We provide one place for employees to request any purchase and manage approvals across finance, legal, security, procurement, and IT.
We are a small but mighty team that have helped scale category-defining companies like Airbnb, Facebook, Apple, and Salesforce. We’re building a world-class engineering team to create the next generation of enterprise spend management products.
We graduated from YC as part of the S20 batch. We’ve since raised our first round of funding of $2m from YC and a small group of strategic B2B SaaS angels, including the cofounders of Looker (sold to Google for $2.6b), Mixpanel, and Algolia.