Software Engineer - Nvidia DRIVE Platform
About the role
Over the last few years, there has been a rush to develop technologies targeted at enabling autonomous vehicles, yet almost every company in the industry is still retrofitting legacy vehicle platforms and many are no closer to having a finished product.
Faction was founded in February 2020 with a focus on developing a deployable software architecture and hardware reference for future digital vehicle platforms. While there has been significant autonomous industry investment in perception, decision making, and control systems, many companies remain focused on areas of active research versus productization.
While we don’t shy away from tough engineering challenges, Faction partners with key technology areas in addition to developing our own technologies.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with past experience on the Nvidia DRIVE platform who can hit the ground running. As a partner in both Nvidia's DRIVE and Startup Inception programs, we have access to the latest hardware and software for the DRIVE ecosystem.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with an experienced team that has developed several driverless vehicle systems.
- Develop on Nvidia DRIVE software SDKs, and form deep knowledge on the SDK functionalities and performance.
- Understand and integrate various vehicle sensors including Camera, LiDAR, Radar, GPS, IMU, and Thermal IR.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years industry experience designing, writing, and maintaining production-level code
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, parallel programming, code optimization, and large scale data processing
- Expertise in C++
- Experience in systems programming, threading, mutex, synchronization, communication, and parallel computing to build highly scalable and efficient applications.
- Experience writing and maintaining robust safety critical software
- Experience in data analysis and optimizing deep net performance
- Experience writing modular testable software and developing evaluation metrics
- Experience in one or more of Robotics/Machine Learning/Motion Planning
- Experience with TensorFlow
- Experience in Python
Faction is located in South San Francisco, California and authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Why you should join Faction
Faction develops driverless electric vehicles that have the speed and performance of cars, but at the cost of a motorcycle. We do driverless combined with remote human supervision, so we’re not gated by waiting for 100% autonomous technology.
Faction’s team has collectively developed and launched autonomous vehicle systems ranging from light electric vehicles to heavy class 8 semi trucks. Our team can lay claim to having built some of the first autonomous vehicles deployed to paying commercial customers in 2018 and having developed the first driverless vehicle systems to have run on public highways with no safety driver on board in 2019.