Frontend Engineer w/ Some Full Stack Experience at Factored Quality (formerly Workbench)
About the role
Role: Front End Engineer
Location: Brooklyn, NY and/or Remote
About Factored Quality:
At Factored, we're building one of the last missing pieces of modern commerce infrastructure: a platform for consumer brands to manage their quality control inspections.
Factored was started by a team of software engineers, data scientists, and supply chain managers - all focused on one goal: enable entrepreneurs to bring their products to market faster, simpler, and cheaper. We worry about managing brands’ quality control so they don't have to. We aim to redefine how quality control is managed, and need strong engineers to make it happen.
We're looking for a mid-level engineer with a strong interest in building products that re-shape how global supply chains work. You'll work alongside interdisciplinary teams of software engineers and quality control experts to create experiences our clients want to tell their friends about. We're looking for people who are passionate about creating the future of commerce enablement and building the tools needed to help people quit their day jobs to start new e-commerce businesses.
Our team is composed of 10 folks across our US and Hong Kong offices. We've raised more than $5 Million to date from an incredible team of investors and operators like Amity Ventures, Dynamo Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For:
Factored Quality is searching for a Front End Engineer to join the team. Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has experience working on building amazing front end experiences.
- Loves writing efficientand elegant code so work is done accurately and well.
- Is an excellent communicator who can build consensus among multiple stakeholders aligned on company initiatives.
- Is able to deftly switch hats for cross-functional needs.
The front end engineer role can be expected to interact with our product management team, as well as product designers and our ops team.
We're looking for a front end engineer to join our small but quickly scaling team.
Our stack is:
- React (front-end)
- Elixir/Phoenix (API)
- Postgres (database layer)
- Hosted on AWS
- Build high impact user experiences from the ground up.
- Help drive technical and product focused decision making.
- Troubleshoot production issues and improve long-term platform stability.
- Rapidly iterate and deploy features into production.
You should apply to this role if:
- 4+ years experience building scalable web apps and tools using React.
- Experience translating Figma/Sketch mockups into React code.
- An incredibly curious perspective on everything being built.
- A bias for moving quickly and action. We love people who take ownership and maintain responsibility for pieces of work.
- A product focused mindset where you maintain customer empathy, constantly, throughout your entire build process.
- Great communication and leadership skills - we deeply value transparency and accountability which is dictated through how we communicate.
- An eye for perfection: we want to be proud of everything we ship and are building the next generation of enterprise tools.
- You consistently meet deadlines (you’re probably the person in your friend group pushing everyone out the door to ensure you make a dinner reservation on time).
Because our work involves coordination with the Hong Kong office, there are meetings that are scheduled outside of traditional 9-5 working hours. That being said, we trust all team members to manage their schedules and to take appropriate measures to take care of themselves and their wellbeing.
Benefits and Compensation:
FQ offers the following benefits:
- Unlimited paid time off (with the expectation that you take two weeks of vacation each year)
- Paid sick days
- An employer sponsored 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible work arrangements
- You can work from home or out of our office in Brooklyn, NY (kindly note that the option to work out of the office is only available to employees who have been vaccinated against COVID-19).
- If you have a dog, they are welcome to join you in the office.
Please submit your application and we will reach out if there is a potential fit.
At Factored Quality we are constantly refining our hiring process to be as inclusive, transparent, and respectful of applicants’ time as possible. As part of this process, you may be asked to complete a paid assessment based on the role.
Factored Quality is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We firmly believe that a diversity of experience, perspectives, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and to better results for our clients. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Why you should join Factored Quality (formerly Workbench)
Factored is building Flexport for Quality Control. We're a platform that let's consumer goods brands book and manage quality control inspectors, internationally.