Senior Software Engineer - Consumer Web at Farmstead
About the role
Our mission at Farmstead is to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone. We’re a new delivery-only grocer that’s re-inventing grocery from the ground up. We focus on mid-market customers (think Safeway, Kroger, etc) and offer them lower prices than stores and free delivery as part of a best-in-class grocery product experience, even in areas traditionally underserved by supermarket chains. We accomplish this by writing consumer-facing and operations orchestration code that allows us to be highly efficient relative to legacy supermarkets.
We’re headquartered in the Bay Area with a fully-remote product and engineering team.
- You want to join an early-stage startup where you can have a large impact on architecture, process and culture.
- You want to work on a suite of products targeting a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
- You want a supportive team that has high ambition and low ego.
The consumer team powers the shopping experience for our customers. They build the shopping, search, recommendation & payment solutions across web and native platforms. They also build solutions to support the marketing, communications and merchandising teams. The team has some exciting work this year building new experiences across web and mobile platforms, tailoring them to support each new market we launch and each new Grocery OS partner we onboard.
We're looking for experienced full-stack engineers to join the consumer team to enable the next level of growth. One key part is defining the APIs we use to power fast, intuitive and trustworthy shopping experiences across all our internal and white-label clients. Another is defining the next generation front-end web architecture built on those APIs. You'll thrive at Farmstead if you're excited about joining a small team to help us reach the next level through a mix of hands-on coding and high-level architectural planning.
- 5+ years React development experience with strong CSS skills
- Strong advocate for intuitive interaction and quality software
- Experience building e-commerce solutions, especially food-related
- Rails application development a plus
We're a fast-growing startup that values personal growth and family time. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare, dental, vision benefits 85% covered for the employee, plus 50% covered for all dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Up to 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave
If you tick all the boxes then please write to us.
Why you should join Farmstead
An ML-powered, curated full-stack digital grocer that reliably delivers fresh, local food in under 60 minutes.
Our tech stack powers everything:
- Curating just 1K items instead of a supermarket's 30K items
- Rapid picking and packing into orders at 3K sq.ft locations instead of 50K sq.ft retail store
- In-house logistics with 1099 drivers - recruiting, operations and retention
- Inventory control for perishable products, with AI-led demand forecasting