Typescript Engineer at Fig
About the role
Fig makes the terminal more productive and discoverable for developers. Despite being used by just about every developer, the terminal has barely changed since 70s. We think this is pretty crazy.
Fig is backed by Y Combinator, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins and a bunch of amazing devtools founders and executives.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build autocomplete and future Fig apps like these early prototypes
- Talk to users, ideate on new products, then build them
- Build tools that make it easy for other developers to build on top of Fig
- Design systems to speed up internal testing and deployments
- Create delightful user experiences
- Full-stack Typescript (all of: React.js / Next.js, Redux, Node.js)
- Experience architecting and maintaining large JS apps
- CI/CD tools like GitHub actions
- SQL / Postgresql and databases
- Comfortable in the terminal
- Strong familiarity with the shell
- Beautiful design skills
- Experience building a developer tool (even if personal use)
About the Team
- We work in office!
- We are 50% internationals
- We all care deeply about great DX: developer experience
- We are self-directed and self-motivated but work collaboratively as much as possible
- We are a startup. We all wear many hats
- We build tools that solve our own problems. It turns out lots of developers have these problems too
- We guarantee you will laugh every day
Why you should join Fig
Fig is re-imagining the terminal.
Our first product is autocomplete. Under the hood, we have built an API that hooks into any terminal. We can do a ton of cool things, like this
Why Join Fig? Our mission is to make developers more productive. We want you to build tools that make you more productive. If you use these tools every day, chances are others will too.
If you join us, you’ll directly help shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering practices
- The people that we hire
- The direction & focus of our products