Senior Software Engineer - Back-End at Finch
About the role
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series A Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Please note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or transfer work visas at this time.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for architecting and maintaining large portions of the infrastructure.
- Working with our developers to scope products and features on our infrastructure.
- Setting up and maintaining engineering processes as the company scales.
- Hiring, cultivating, and mentoring new engineers (and other team members) as they join the team.
- Set a high bar for execution, both in terms of quality and speed.
- Join the founding team and be a part of all major future decisions.
- Triage bugs discovered in the API platform through error tracking and performance monitoring.
Who You Are
- Have a strong demonstrated ability to ship high-quality products, both at work and outside of work. We love engineers that build side-projects or contribute to open-source repos.
- A passion for trying out APIs and a taste for good developer experience.
- Able to think through customer requirements and prioritize what is a must-have, nice-to-have, or irrelevant.
- Strong ability to design large scale systems and infrastructure.
- Have a strong technical skill set but also the willingness and ability to take over tasks outside your core competency.
Nice to Haves
- Previous founding experience.
- Experience working at an API company or on an external facing API team.
- An itch to start a company in the future. We will invest in you!
- Work from home budget
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
- Semester offsite company trips
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Why you should join Finch
👋 Welcome — Finch is on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API.
Finch is the API to access payroll and HR systems. Our platform allows employer admins to grant developers access to their systems in a compliant and secure manner. Finch integrates across providers enabling developers to access a previously closed system and reach the source of truth for employee data and money flow. Our API powers use cases across lending, insurance, benefits, FP&A, and HR applications.
We are a Y Combinator company backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, BoxGroup and angel investors from firms like Plaid, Brex, Digits, Ramp and Mercury.