Product Operations at Finch
About the role
Product Operations at Finch
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers. We value execution, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. We're passionate about our individual crafts, the hobbies we keep, and the relationships that we build. We are excited to get to know you and learn how we can work together as a team.
What You Will Do
- Identify operational solutions to address product or UX bottlenecks
- Collaborate with Engineering to understand the product roadmap and underlying operational requirements to reach key deadlines
- Independently manage and set clear deadlines for multiple, simultaneous projects
- Communicate with Finch’s clients to ensure that integrations are set up fully for customers
- Become an expert in payroll data and work on projects relating to data quality and classification
- Set a high bar for execution, both in terms of quality and speed
- Join the founding team and be a part of all major future decisions!
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience in business operations, strategy, compliance at financial/tech/fintech companies or consulting
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner
- Deep curiosity of the process of abstracting away operational complexity to deliver a streamlined customer UX
- Desire to collaborate across the team to ensure a clear alignment of internal operations with product deadlines
- Willingness to take on mission critical projects and actively communicate challenges and outcomes as they arise
- Ability to clearly document processes so they can be optimized over time
- Comfortable coordinating with multiple parties and building relationships both internally and externally
- Strong written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Previous founding experience
- Experience working with payroll, HR systems, or security compliance
- An itch to start a company in the future. We will invest in you!
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Finch
👋 Welcome — Finch is on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API.
Finch is the API to access payroll and HR systems. Our platform allows employer admins to grant developers access to their systems in a compliant and secure manner. Finch integrates across providers enabling developers to access a previously closed system and reach the source of truth for employee data and money flow. Our API powers use cases across lending, insurance, benefits, FP&A, and HR applications.
We are a Y-Combinator company backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, BoxGroup and angel investors from firms like Plaid, Brex, Digits, Ramp and Mercury.