Partnerships at Finch
About the role
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series A Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Please note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or transfer work visas at this time.
Finch is looking for a Head of Partnerships to shape and own business development efforts, establish strategic employment system partnerships, and unlock revenue potential via channel partnerships. You'll be a primary driver of Finch's mission to build a collaborative employment data ecosystem by developing deep relationships with employment systems. You'll also have the opportunity to create revenue-generating partnerships across various verticals to expand Finch's reach. This role requires close cross-functional engagement across the team and provides you visibility into key initiatives as we scale.
What You Will Do
- Develop repeatable and scalable business development processes and strategies
- Establish trust with key external stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and product functions at Finch
- Own the partnerships team build-out
- Monitor industry trends and evaluate strategic and expansion opportunities
- Spend 70% of your time dedicated to forging strategic partnerships with employment systems
- Spend 30% of your time exploring distribution partnerships with other infrastructure platforms and vertical-specific applications
- Attend industry conferences, dinners, and events to expand your network
Who You Are
- 7+ years of business development or strategic sales management experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably at a B2B SaaS or fintech company
- Extensive knowledge of partnerships principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Demonstrable track record of forging high impact partnerships
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Articulate, clear, and concise written and spoken communication
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Why you should join Finch
👋 Welcome — Finch is on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API.
Finch is the API to access payroll and HR systems. Our platform allows employer admins to grant developers access to their systems in a compliant and secure manner. Finch integrates across providers enabling developers to access a previously closed system and reach the source of truth for employee data and money flow. Our API powers use cases across lending, insurance, benefits, FP&A, and HR applications.
We are a Y Combinator company backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, BoxGroup and angel investors from firms like Plaid, Brex, Digits, Ramp and Mercury.