Product Designer at Finch
About the role
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Please note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or transfer work visas at this time.
Are you a product designer with a passion for building and designing great developer experiences? Come join us! As our first product designer, you’ll be tackling various projects from creating and implementing best practices to developing world-class developer experiences for our users. By being a developer advocate, you’ll ensure that what we’re building not only satisfies them, but also delivers intangible value. This is also a great opportunity to flex beyond your core competency. If you have a deck or portfolio that showcases your design process, we would love to review it. Please submit it along with your resume
What You Will Do
- Define and iterate how our brand should be expressed across our product
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to scope features to improve the developer experience
- Uncover interdependencies, trade-offs, and risks within a given project - making them visible and collaborating to resolve challenges early
- Apply research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Set-up a design system for the organization as the company scales
Who You Are
- 3 - 10 years of experience as a UX/UI designer at a modern technology company with strong branding and visual design abilities
- Demonstrated ability to ship high-quality products, both in and outside of work. We love individuals that build side projects.
- Ability to think through customer requirements and prioritize what is a must-have, nice-to-have, or irrelevant.
Nice to Haves
- Previous founding experience or first-designer experience
- Experience working at an API company or on an external-facing API team.
- An itch to start a company in the future. We will invest in you!
- Work from home budget
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
- Semester offsite company trips
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Why you should join Finch
👋 Welcome — Finch is on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API.
Finch is the API to access payroll and HR systems. Our platform allows employer admins to grant developers access to their systems in a compliant and secure manner. Finch integrates across providers enabling developers to access a previously closed system and reach the source of truth for employee data and money flow. Our API powers use cases across lending, insurance, benefits, FP&A, and HR applications.
We are a Y-Combinator company backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, BoxGroup and angel investors from firms like Plaid, Brex, Digits, Ramp and Mercury.