Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Finch
About the role
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers. We value velocity curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. We're passionate about our individual crafts, the hobbies we keep, and the relationships that we build. We are excited to get to know you and learn how we can work together as a team.
Finch is looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Sales Development Representative (SDR), to join our fast growing team. Your day-to-day work will identify, research, prospect and create new qualified opportunities that align with Finch’s value proposition. You’ll work collaboratively with our sales team to develop strategic account plans, generate a strong pipeline of deal flow from outbound prospecting and serve as a key contributor in developing Finch’s outbound channels. You’ll add perseverance, organization and superior communication skills.
What You Will Do
- Grow our pipeline of qualified opportunities and build relationships by opening sales conversations with prospects who align to Finch’s ideal customer profile.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects, while strategically partnering with sales teammates to create and run playbooks for winning prioritized accounts.
- Conduct research and synthesize information to create account plans and other materials that reflect a comprehensive understanding of Finch’s customers’ needs and how Finch delivers value.
- Identify best practices to enhance Finch’s sales development playbook.
- Sustain a high level of daily outreach activity using multiple channels (phone, email, social).
- Be accountable to a monthly quota of new opportunities opened.
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience in a SDR or ADR role at an Enterprise SaaS company.
- Proven ability to exceed lead targets.
- Strong communication, research, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, or a comparable Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Work from home budget
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
- Semester offsite company trips
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Why you should join Finch
👋 Welcome — Finch is on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API.
Finch is the API to access payroll and HR systems. Our platform allows employer admins to grant developers access to their systems in a compliant and secure manner. Finch integrates across providers enabling developers to access a previously closed system and reach the source of truth for employee data and money flow. Our API powers use cases across lending, insurance, benefits, FP&A, and HR applications.
We are a Y Combinator company backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, BoxGroup and angel investors from firms like Plaid, Brex, Digits, Ramp and Mercury.