Software Engineer at Finley
About the role
At Finley, we believe that today’s most innovative companies deserve financial infrastructure that can move as quickly as they can.
Fast-growing companies in finance, real estate, and transportation rely on debt capital to extend loans, purchase homes, and finance vehicle fleets. But these new-school companies rely on old-school technology to manage their debt capital.
Think months of legal coordination, countless versioned Excel files passed around via email, and weeks of follow-ups—all culminating in a 200-page credit agreement that only lawyers understand, even though the future of the business depends on complying with it.
The inefficiency of this process can delay—and in some cases block—access to capital when it's needed most. It’s time for the next generation of financial infrastructure builders to rise to the challenge.
Finley’s software helps startups streamline the debt capital raise and management process. That way, they can spend more time focusing on their customers and less time worrying about fundraising.
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join our Engineering team. As an early employee, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and testing an entirely new category of capital markets software from the ground up. You’ll architect and build the infrastructure that helps fintechs around the world collectively manage billions of dollars. Just as importantly, you’ll help shape the engineering culture and trajectory of a seed-stage startup.
We’re looking for 0 → 1 individuals who are comfortable with autonomy early on and also excited to help build structures that will scale their own impact over time. In other words, we’re looking for candidates who want to build a lasting company just as much as they want to build industry-changing software.
We believe in finding the best technology for the job, and being disciplined with only adopting the tools that actually let us move faster, build more securely, and enable a higher quality of life. We hate inefficiency and embrace debate to constantly find ways to make our lives easier and products better. Our tech stack (see below) reflects that philosophy.
- You will be responsible for helping architect, build, and scale the first lender-borrower relationship platform for the debt capital markets.
- You will work with the team to design, product manage, and test early features for the Finley system.
- You will become an expert in information security, data engineering and API design in a heavily regulated space.
- You will become an expert on structured finance (no worries, we’ll fill you in!) and the ways in which technology can bring standardization to a field accustomed to legacy solutions.
- You will help grow the Finley team by helping interview job candidates, mentor new engineers, and document standard operating procedures.
Our tech stack
- Backend : NodeJS + Express, Apollo Server, Typescript
- Frontend : React + Hooks, Typescript, GraphQL, Apollo Client
- Database : Postgres + Knex
- Infrastructure and deploys : AWS, Docker, ECS, CDK, CodePipeline
- Collaboration : Github, Papertrail, and Trello
We're looking for
- Builders. You have experience building web applications for 3+ years and can scope and ship products independently.
- Problem-solvers. You focus on delivering outcomes and prefer to use the right tool for the job, rather than building for building’s sake. (That said, getting excited about a modern tech stack built on Node.js, React, and AWS wouldn’t hurt. See above.)
- Collaborators. You like collaborating with Business, Design, and Product functions in addition to other engineers, and you believe that the best solutions can only emerge when everyone has a seat at the table.
- Systems thinkers. You enjoy the complexity of designing for a range of stakeholders (think borrowers, lenders, and banks) and source systems. You get excited about designing for the long-term.
- Team-builders. You look forward to helping recruit, train, and mentor a team of engineers at Finley.
Why you should join Finley
Finley simplifies debt capital raise and management. Our software helps growing companies automate due diligence, ensure compliance, and streamline ongoing reporting with their capital providers. Our team brings experience from Goldman Sachs, Nova Credit, and Palantir Technologies, and is backed by Y Combinator.