Strategy & Operations Manager at Firstbase.io
About the role
About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring a Strategy & Operations Manager to help tackle problems within our sales and operations teams. You will partner with and advise the Executive team, deliver objective analysis and insights, execute strategic initiatives, and lead cross-functional efforts. Initially, your key responsibilities will include customer retention and acquisition, designing account management processes, and digging into our existing processes to identify opportunities.
Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage, and grow their businesses.
More than ten thousand founders from over a hundred countries have used our incorporation product, Firstbase Start, to launch their startup. For many founders, "firstbase.io" has become what they type into their address bars when they think about incorporating a business.
We are backed by Y Combinator & our team, investors, and advisors include people from Apple, Gusto, Carta, Wise, Plaid, and many other great companies.
Why you should join
Firstbase is much more than just incorporation. Our team is dedicated to building products & solving some of the startups’ hardest problems, with a particular focus in:
- Democratizing access to financial infrastructure
- Automating tasks every founder faces when running a business
- Making tools and resources more accessible to everyone, everywhere
- Building integrated solutions for founders and removing friction
- Delivering opportunities to traditionally overlooked founders and companies
- Democratizing access to knowledge
Join us on a mission to help more companies succeed!
Who are we looking for
We are looking for risk-takers with diverse experience able to provide fearless feedback.
You will have the following duties
- Manage initiatives that focus on acquisition, retention, processes improvements, and more
- Analyze, evaluate, and set business plans for our relevant functions
- Develop and manage detailed roadmaps for multiple projects
- Perform financial forecasting and market analysis
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business to define needs and deliver holistic solutions
- Identify opportunities for automation and system improvements
- Author and deliver executive-level reporting, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews
You should meet the following requirements
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ year(s) of experience in Strategy & Operations, Consulting, or Operations at a startup
- Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives with solid business judgment
- Knowledge of business and financial concepts
- Problem solver and a data-driven mindset
- Analytical rigor; experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Comfortable presenting to Executives, investors, and of course your peers
- Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and with external partners
- High integrity and a customer-first mentality
- Analytical background: you can investigate and understand data to drive action and results
- An owner’s mindset and a determination to hustle and get things done
Some perks you might enjoy
Competitive salary and equity: We lean on some of the best market data to ensure that we offer the most competitive compensation.
Hybrid work environment: We work both remotely & from our offices in New York City in São Paulo – optimizing for collaboration while providing flexibility to team members.
21 days of PTO + birthday off: We offer flexibility to allow people to relax and recharge whenever they need it.
Build your ideal work setup: We understand that how you work is extremely important, so we provide a stipend to set yourself up for success here at Firstbase.
Health benefits: Firstbase offers health insurance reimbursements to both US and international employees.
Learning and development: We provide a stipend together with resources to help people grow and develop in their careers.
Amazing quarterly bonus: Every team at Firstbase has a bonus structure that usually accounts for 20-25% of OTE.
Why you should join Firstbase.io
Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage and grow their businesses. More than ten thousand founders from over a hundred countries have used our product, Firstbase Start, to launch their startup. For many founders, "firstbase.io" has become what they type into their address bars when they think about incorporating a business.