Senior Financial Analyst at Fivetran
About the role
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing Financial Planning & Analysis team. Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, internal/external financial reporting, and providing ad hoc analysis to organizational leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst will report directly to the Director of FP&A and will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in our Go to Market, Engineering, Product, and Operations teams.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to serve as a finance partner for all things financial planning and performance
- Support the Senior Management Team and departments leaders with in-depth analysis
- Prepare and analyze management presentations, including monthly reporting, BOD, QBR, and Finance Review
- Develop ad-hoc financial models to support strategic business decisions
- Support ongoing integration, maintenance and enhancement of our reporting systems
- Plan, forecast, and report on SaaS financial metrics including product revenue, platform usage, CAC, CLTV, and ARR.
- Communicate insights and build executive-facing reporting.
- Identify opportunities for financial process and system improvement
- Build, steer and manage the annual and monthly forecast process.
- Provide leadership with insights to manage headcount and expenses; analyze budget and forecast variances to actual
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled
What you’ll Bring to the Table:
- Experience in analytical roles (Investment Banking, Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Business Operations, Management Consulting)
- Expert proficiency in financial modeling and analyzing complex and large data sets
- Experience budgeting for SaaS businesses
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Track-record of collaborating with cross-functional partners to lead transformation and growth
- Proficiency with accounting and corporate finance including topics such as billing, revenue recognition, fx, capitalization, accruals, etc.
- Experience with ERP and corporate financial planning tools
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Why you should join Fivetran
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.