From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role:
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. Our Alliances team needs a technical ace in the hole when the questions get tough. You’ll work one-on-one with key technology partners to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You’ll have a complete understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used. You’ll liaise between the partner product teams and the Fivetran product managers to help articulate what features a partner may need to be successful working with the Fivetran Alliances team.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Partner Sales Engineering and based out of our Oakland office, Denver office, or Remote.
Technologies You’re Familiar With :
- Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB - Hands-on experience with modern databases in on-premise and cloud deployments.
- AWS, Azure, GCP - Working knowledge with one or more major cloud providers
- Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, BigQuery, Synapse, Hadoop - Experience with modern cloud data warehousing providers and data lake architectures
- REST APIs - Experience programmatically interacting with REST APIs
- Data Infrastructure or Application Development - Strong understanding of technical architectures
What You’ll Do:
- Stand as the technical liaison and collaborate with the Alliances team to help pitch the Fivetran product and value prop to existing and new SI and GSI partners
- Enable and certify SI and GSI Alliance partners to create technical evangelists for Fivetran across North America.
- Proactively support our SI and GSI Alliance partner strategy in North America, and for 2022, you should be primarily focused on our top 20 partners - a list we expect to continue to grow into 2023.
- Measure and drive 3 KPIs: 1) Number of partners enabled and certified each quarter, 2) Number of GTM activities supported (like Hands-on Labs), and 3) Number of technical content pieces created
- Lead technical training for SI and GSI partners’ sales and technical teams and solution architects.
- Act as the Fivetran product expert when evaluating how to work with a new SI or GSI partner and pitching
- Help the Alliances team demonstrate Fivetran’s value prop to existing and prospective partners to get them excited about partnering with Fivetran
- Communicate customer requirements and potential competitor solutions. Provide a strong technical response in aid to a partner’s needs
- Enable partners on the Fivetran product and help partners to become Fivetran certified
- Keep current on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues
- Document and deliver both product feedback and new requirements from partners to the Fivetran product team
- Work closely with alliances to resolve critical technical issues by having a deep understanding of the Fivetran product
- Understand the fundamentals of the entire data stack, and quickly learn new data systems to support partners
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Sales engineering experience within enterprise or SaaS buying environments
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Prior experience working within the SaaS space is critical to success. Experience in big data/analytics/data warehousing/business intelligence is a plus!
- Experience in architecting and developing solutions for cloud infrastructure
- Broad range of experience within large-scale Database and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, analytics, and cloud technologies
- Understanding of cloud architectures and services involving SaaS solutions with any of the popular cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability to connect a partner’s specific business problems and Fivetran’s solutions
- Honesty/integrity: Does not cut corners, earns and maintains trust, does what is RIGHT
- Positive Attitude & Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Available for up to 20% travel
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.