Senior Product Designer at Fivetran
About the role
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
We are hiring a Product Design lead, who has deep knowledge and practical experience in B2B, SaaS, or Enterprise UX design. You will help shape the future of the Fivetran data pipeline platform for businesses large and small. Our ideal candidate’s balance of enterprise design experience and knack for user centricity will enable them to hit the ground running, leading by example on product projects, and working cross-functionally.
Partly that means understanding the user journey, getting deep into the daily life of a data analyst, a data engineer, and their stakeholders; and the challenges they are collectively trying to solve from within Fivetran’s UI. Your success gives analysts that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that they never again have to submit a change request with their engineering team.
Fivetran has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate designers who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello with links to your work and experience. This role will report directly to the Head of Design.
This role can report to our Oakland or Denver office.
As a Senior Product Designer at Fivetran, you will:
- Translate high-level requirements and use cases from product managers, into detailed process flows, wireframes, and product designs.
- Drive end-to-end interaction design, gaining alignment on the design of dashboard features.
- Build team alignment and clearly articulate problem statements based on research and well-crafted user personas.
- Think in terms of systems, not just screens. Strive for pixel perfection with consideration for the holistic user experience.
- Actively present design to a broad audience and communicate your work clearly and concisely.
- Facilitate product design presentations for a broad audience, anticipate and address feedback, develop opinions, and gain alignment on product design efforts.
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization.
What you bring to the table :
- You should have experience working with complex systems, data storytelling, and complex data-oriented use cases
- Portfolio of work showcasing that experience.
- A passion for complex problems and tools. You understand the goals and processes of engineers, data scientists, and analysts.
- You get excited about data. You can help our users ingest, explore, and transform their enterprise-scale data.
- You are great at collaborating. You share work early and often, and seek constructive feedback from product stakeholders, and the product design team
- Experience working closely with engineering to champion design at every step.
Nice to have (Not Required):
- Experience working in big data, AI, or data analytics.
- Experience building or working within design systems
- A desire to have fun while building a great product!
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Why you should join Fivetran
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.