Partner Engineer, Tech Alliances at Fivetran
About the role
The Partner Engineer, Technology Alliances role is to develop global, cross-functional relationships across technical sales, product, and marketing teams with key technology partners. The person in this role would “own” the technical relationship, strategy, and execution. This role helps to accelerate adoption and mindshare for Fivetran with technical sellers (customer engineers, sales engineers, solutions architects, etc) by building strong technical relationships with our partners. The partner engineer would execute this strategy by creating content and enablements, and by pioneering new points of integration between Fivetran and the partners’ product catalogs.
You will be working in a small team that strongly values creativity, autonomy, and mutual support. You will have a large degree of freedom executing in your area of specialty. At the same time you will have the ability to reach out for help when required, and can expect others to reach out to you. We strongly value our partners and work cross-functionally across the company to advocate for them. You will be a founding member of the Partner Engineering team with the opportunity to define the Technology Alliances partner engineering program.
As a Partner Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Advocate for partners within Fivetran and advocate for Fivetran with our partners.
- Design enablement strategies for an audience of Tech Alliances partners’ technical sales teams.
- Create and deliver technical enablement content.
- Discover and promote new use case scenarios with partners’ existing product catalog and vet ecosystem partners for Fivetran product alignment.
- Provide Tier 2 partner support as needed, working with the product, support, and engineering teams in a technical project management capacity.
- “Sell with” partners by presenting at customer-facing events (webinars, conferences, etc).
What you bring to the table:
- Strong technical experience (preferably previous software development experience, data engineering or SRE experience welcome).
- Experience working with or for a major cloud service provider (e.g AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience working with the product catalog of a major cloud service provider, particularly in the data space.
- Strong emotional intelligence skills, experience building bridges internally and externally between Product, Engineering, Support, and Sales organizations.
- Data and Analytics Certification with one major cloud vendor (or equivalent)
- Samples of written and verbal presentations (youtube, articles, etc)
Why you should join Fivetran
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.