Director of Engineering and Head of Quality at Fivetran
About the role
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
As the Director of Engineering and Head of Quality , you will be responsible for managing and overseeing our Global Quality Engineering function at Fivetran. You have managed software teams before and you love delivering high quality products. You will manage a mighty core team of software engineers and SDETs that provide the foundation and tooling for our test execution, management and reporting framework that will be utilized by our locally embedded SDETs and QA Engineers.
You bring extensive software engineering experience table, focusing on test automation, which also includes but is not limited to performance testing, load testing, and security testing. You excel at collaborating with globally distributed teams and you are able to drive quality initiatives throughout the organization, leveraging your core team.
As a Director of Engineering, you will:
- Own Fivetran’s product quality globally
- Hire and manage a core team of 6 software engineers and SDETs
- Represent QA on Fivetran’s global engineering leadership team
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering Managers and Release Management team to ensure delivery of high quality features
- Design, roll out and drive adoption of global QA and test automation practices
- Establish and manage a QA Guild, bringing together the global and local SDETs and QA team members to jointly drive quality assurance
- Implement and manage a test orchestration, execution and reporting framework that is used by all teams
- Implement standards and guidelines for test code reviews and drive their adoption
- Uplevel our product quality through more comprehensive testing in the areas of performance, availability, security and privacy
- Own and manage our global test environments, including CI/CD and test automations
What you bring to the table:
- You have extensive experience in managing software engineering teams
- You have been part of an engineering leadership team before, with global responsibilities
- You have a strong propensity to drive product quality through test automations
- You get excited talking about static code analysis, tech debt and catching bugs
- You know how to influence teams and team members that are not reporting to you
- You are comfortable representing Fivetran to stakeholders and customers as it pertains to our service quality
- You are very technical and love platform products
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Generous PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Why you should join Fivetran
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.