Design Tech, Brand at Fivetran
About the role
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
We are on a mission to empower teams and individuals with accurate, highly usable data! Our products are low-configuration by design, and everything we do is aimed at helping our customers avoid the unnecessary complexity found in our industry. We are looking for bright and empathetic individuals to come help shape the future of data-backed decision-making. Fivetran is on a mission to be an integral part of the Modern Data Stack, and our latest 100MM funding round is helping us do just that!
Design at Fivetran
Your discipline goes by many names, including Design Technologist, UX Engineer, Creative Technologist, Design Engineer and UX Prototyper. This unique combination of Design perspective + Engineering skills allows people in this role to make impactful contributions at each phase of the design lifecycle.
In practice, this means you will help brainstorm and then write the code that breathes life into new design concepts, making them tangible for the team. This helps us validate ideas both internally and with our users. You can act as a bridge between the Design team and our cross-functional partners, helping to ensure both design fidelity as well as technical feasibility.
This Design Technologist role will support and partner with our brand and creative team, helping to both evolve and champion the Fivetran digital web experience, and brand design system. You will be creating and building our brand design system, and working directly with developers to make sure our code matches our pixels. In this role, you will need to collaborate with key stakeholders in the design, marketing, and engineering team, and cultivate close partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Work with cross-functional teams across different time zones on executing scalable design solutions for Website builds, marketing campaigns, customer communications and digital events.
- Implement standards, scalable practices, frameworks, design systems, and libraries in prototypes and motion in service to design.
- Enable pixel-perfect execution for design and engineering across platforms. Unblock and accelerate team members to deliver unparalleled quality and speed.
- Support the rollout of the building and distribution of our brand design system. We have some exciting updates in the works launching early this year!
- Collaborate with designers, regularly seeking feedback to strengthen concepts and maintain pixel perfection and scalability.
What you’ll need:
- A great portfolio showing several years worth of complex, highly usable interactive UIs.
- Mastery of front-end web technologies including HTML, CSS, and ReactJS.
- Attention to detail in typography, composition, and the craft of design
- Comfortable articulating the ‘why’, and leading discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity
Nice to have:
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives and projects with teams
- Experience working with data & insights
- Experience with illustration and motion
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Why you should join Fivetran
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.