As a Business Development Manager at Flagright, you will take ownership of figuring out the US go-to-market strategy and tactics: Sales acquisition channels, breaking into new accounts, and fostering relationships with multiple contacts within our target customer segments. You will be responsible for understanding the best strategies to generate traction, conducting market research to identify new potential customers and leads, and qualifying these leads by learning about their approach to AML compliance & fraud.
You will NOT have any marketing budget apart from tooling like Zoominfo, Outreach etc. and exhibiting at events. No paid ads. You need to figure out what works before you ask for a budget, more people to support you, or a marketing investment. If you never worked at a startup before, you are unlikely to succeed in this role. You'll need to be frugal and hack your way to success.
This is a remote position, so you will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently. At Flagright, we offer exciting career growth opportunities for motivated individuals who are looking to take the next step in their careers. If you are highly driven, enthusiastic, and looking for an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup, we want to hear from you. Apply now and take the first step in your career at Flagright.
🛠 You will
- Drive Flagright’s growth through outbound prospecting efforts and market research. Generate sales opportunities that will turn into closed business.
- Build a pipeline of consistent and qualified leads in your assigned territory. Achieve monthly quotas of demos completed and fully qualified opportunities.
- Experiment across tactics and strategies to nail down the most impactful channels to generate leads and close deals.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer problems in qualification calls and act as their champion to map problems to solutions throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Participate local fintech events and marketing opportunities to build brand recognition and market trust in Flagright products.
- Build a strong relationship with each your qualified leads and existing accounts.
- Generate email sequences, make cold-calls to develop sales opportunities.
🙌 Your profile
- Must reside in the US with authorization to work. Visa sponsorship isn't supported. You should be able to travel 50% of the time internationally and/or domestically.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Detail-oriented and familiar with a sales process. You work smart, not only hard.
- Excellent written communication skills, experience in writing effective cold-outreach emails & messages.
- At least 2 years of full-time experience in a sales or business development role. Track record of strong performance in your past role(s).
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal abilities. You are persuasive and creative. You are comfortable initiating conversations with people you don’t know who are executives at financial institutions.
- Experience in financial sector including fintech, AML compliance, regulatory service etc.
- A strategic thinker with exceptional attention to detail. You have a strong ability to operate in the weeds without losing sight of the end goals.
- Creativity and commercial awareness. A team player with a customer-focused approach.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ownership over your work. You’re a self-starter who takes accountability, with a strong ability to anticipate problems and implement effective solutions fast!
💯 Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of financial crime prevention landscape & financial crime terminology.
- Familiarity with SaaS company operations and fast-growing startups is a strong plus.
- An expert at prospecting and can learn the tools needed to be successful such as Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Outreach, or other tools of your choice.
- Willingness to grow into a regional director, learn the product inside out, close and own deals.
- Existing relationships with various fintechs in the applicable region(s).
- Do something meaningful; help stop human trafficking, money laundering, terrorism financing.
- Work alongside a highly competent, top-tier team (Y Combinator, ex AWS, Twilio, Palantir).
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing early stage startup.
- Low-bureaucracy, minimal meetings, async communications culture, international culture, flat organization.
⚠️ Before you apply
- We do not recommend you to apply if you aren't interested in pushing yourself and grow very fast. We maintain an extremely high bar for all of our team members. We do performance evaluations honestly & fairly, not kindly.
- Base salary will be lower than market average, and commissions will be higher. It's designed to filter out low performers organically and help high performers thrive.