Chief Technology Officer at Flat
About the role
Chief Technology Officer
Flat is an iBuyer for the Mexican market, focused on solving the liquidity problem of residential real estate, with a deep tech layer to the traditional home-flipping business. Flat offers clear benefits to both sides of the transaction. For sellers, it makes the process easier and faster, with the possibility of immediately sell the asset. For buyers, it guarantees the conditions of the property, a fair purchase price, and a seamless buying experience.
We are seeking a talented and driven CTO with a proven track record in scaling SaaS companies from Seed through to later stages or even IPO. As CTO, you will own the technical vision, working closely with the CEO on how to achieve and extend the product roadmap. E.G. This will involve managing a distributed team of developers, owning architecture and quality of the product, as well as coming up with ways to measure and improve successful outcomes for users.
- Nice to have:
- React Native
- Linux experience
- AWS experience
- Collaborate with CEO and executive team to align, refine & develop tech strategy
- Manage the development and release of new products
- Develop the skills of the development team, including pairing and reviewing code
- Designing the infrastructure and architecture of the platform to scale both with performance and quality as customer needs evolve
- Support the team in all phases of the software development lifecycle: analysis, design, implementation, testing and support, as well as lead our architecture design and future planning.
- Hiring and shaping the local and remote team as Flat.mx continues to grow
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are/personal qualities:
- To succeed in this role, we think you should have;
- Great problem-solving abilities - being considerate of potential bottlenecks and solutions
- Collaborate and delegate tasks to maximise the teams skill sets
- Growth mindset
- Enjoy both long-term planning and short-term tactical work
- Entrepreneurial spirit - strong ownership and self-driven
- Motivated by meaningful metrics
You have/Experience and Skills:
- This role requires a combination of the following skills and/or experience.
- Have worked on larger web applications
- Have managed and lead medium and large teams
- Knowledge of wider web tools and architectures
- Operational knowledge of deploying and maintaining a large web application and customer facing website in AWS (or similar cloud provider)
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Previous SaaS experience
- Previous fintech/proptech experience
- Being part of a team from Seed to exit
- 💰 Stock Options
- 🚑 Health insurance
- 🌴 15 day vacation since year 0
- 💻 Equipment will be provided by the company on your first day
You’ll love to join the team if you:
- Have demonstrable experience developing and executing go-to-market plans, including targeted paid advertising, online and offline events, and content marketing (white papers, case studies, and blogging, etc.)
- You are a self-starter, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your work.
- Strong analytical and writing skills. You are comfortable with data and analytics, and you can clearly communicate your results and ideas
Why you should join Flat
Our mission is to provide liquidity and help people buy and sell homes quickly and in a transaction free of stress
Why Join us at Flat.mx?
We are a proptech startup located in Mexico City: We launched in May 2019 and are a fast-growing team of motivated people (techie guys, developers, designers, real estate specialists) working together, spending time designing and building Flat, and, of course, having lots of fun. At Flat we have a passion for building a innovative products. We are looking to expand our team with dedicated, fast learners who are willing to roll their sleeves up and make things happen, in other words, people who are driven by learning on the fly.