About the role
Global problems. Global impact.
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. We are re-making a trillion dollar industry that touches every person on Earth, which means solving some of the global community’s most complex challenges. We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to build solutions with a global impact.
What you'll do
As our first Infrastructure Engineer, you will maintain and grow our infra stack, CI/CD pipelines, and related monitoring/alerting. You will work alongside our product engineers to improve the developer experience and production infrastructure. In addition, you will:
- Be our first line of defense against production issues
- Own and grow our AWS infrastructure against a scaling engineering team and global user base
- Develop new systems and tools to improve the developer experience and engineering velocity
- Drive monitoring across the app and ensure reliability of an increasingly complex system
What you'll bring
- Preferably 3 to 6+ years of relevant work experience in Linux environments
- Deep experience with the AWS platform
- The ability and desire to read and understand code across a variety of languages
- A strong attention to detail and a love for diagnosing complex problems
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency with configuration automation using Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- Demonstrable programming skills with Ruby, Python, or Java
Our production stack is in the cloud on AWS. We run multiple EC2 Ubuntu servers connected to a Postgres RDS database. Our CI/CD pipeline uses a buildkite CloudFormation template to manage an autoscaling cluster responsible for testing and deployment.
For development, we rely heavily on Docker and ECS to provision both development containers for engineering as well as tooling to quickly spin up testing containers based on github branches for PMs and Designers.
Why you should join Flexport
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easier for everybody. We are connecting humanity in a seamless web of global trade with our unique blend of software, human expertise, and physical infrastructure.
Our platform connects all the roles in the supply chain to improve the user experience and drive down transaction costs of international logistics, while helping companies make more data-driven decisions about where, when and what products to ship.