Senior Software Engineer at Flint
About the role
About The Position
You will be working closely with our Head of Engineering and a team of talented software and product people to take Flint to the next level. We already have a strong mission and product with traction led by our product-led growth strategy.
We believe the future of the food supply chain is by helping foodservice companies find the right products at the best price while reducing, with value innovation, the schlep created by the current state of the food supply chain, an industry ripe for disruption.
We're looking for our first few engineers to help us lay the foundation for our supply chain logistics product. In this role, you will be wearing multiple hats, you'll be given critical high-level problems to solve, you'll be given a high degree of freedom and responsibility to do your best work, you'll be working in a small team (<10) meaning your work will have an incredible and lasting impact, and you'll get to build something new and exciting at a very early stage (like joining Google in 1999).
As Senior Software Engineer, you'll be an integral part of setting the product vision and strategy while solving the customer problems to build the product that will make us THE platform for the food supply chain and 10x the business.
- You're disciplined - you believe in a self-disciplined organization where people self-organize, and everyone leads and initiates good customer outcomes.
- You're curious and empathetic - You care about and want to learn about our users and team.
- You have product engineering experience - You've led product increments before, and you've measured its success based on good customer outcomes.
- You work with urgency - We're in a race against time to 10x the business; you work on the right things and get them done.
- You have high standards - You know what good looks like, and you work with your team to get there. You apply good engineering and design practices systemically.
- You're passionate - you've designed and architect excellent software products before.
- You've demonstrated a mastery in functional programming - with languages such as F#, Elm, Haskell, Erlang, Elixir, ML, OCaml, Lisp, Scheme, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Julia in an academic, personal or professional context.
Why you should join Flint
Looking for World Class Talent to help us build a World Class Company
We're Flexport for the wholesale of food. We are on a mission to take the hassle out of purchasing for the food industry!
How we Work
We're a firm believer of Cross Functional Teams, centered around moving the needle on key business metrics, with each team fully equipped and having the expertise to execute like a mini-startup within the organization. You'll be expected to work alongside engineers, generalists, marketers, etc. Applying your domain expertise to help us move the needle where it most matters.
Why join us?
- We're growing faster than weeds on a lawn 🌱
- YC Funded and backed by investors such as the co-founder of Twitch 💸
- Equity options in what could be the next Amazon/Google 📈
- Awesome Culture focused on freedom and responsibility 👨👩👧👦
- Opportunity to shape a $8T industry and maybe have a wiki page about you one day 📜
Cultures we Draw From
- DevOps: Empowered, focus on good customer outcomes and high performance teams
- Netflix: Freedom and responsibility framework
- Amazon: Single threaded leadership and small teams