Senior Software Engineer at Flint
About the role
Flint is the Flexport for the Food Industry. We help foodservice companies find the right product for the best price and solve the supply chain challenges to get the products to them.
Role in a Nutshell:
We're looking for our first few engineers to help us lay the foundation for our supply chain logistics software. In this role, you will be wearing multiple hats, you'll be given critical high-level problems to solve, you'll be given a high degree of freedom and responsibility to do your best work, you'll be working in a small team (<15) meaning your work will have an incredible and lasting impact, and you'll get to build something new and exciting at a very early stage (like joining Google in 1999).
What you'll do at Flint:
- Architect, build, test, and ship new products and features.
- Build internal and external web applications.
- Build event-based backend architectures.
- Build data processing pipeline and ETL solutions.
- Employ Machine Learning and Computer Vision technologies and techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Work with a cross-functional team to solve high-level business problems such as growth or retention, applying your technical expertise to build solutions appropriate for the problem at hand.
- Own, manage and be responsible for key portions of our product and technology stack.
- Work with founders and senior team members to build an incredible engineering culture centered around freedom and responsibility.
- Contribute to high-level company goal setting, providing input and expertise where appropriate.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant software development experience.
- Highly proficient with software development practices and principles.
- Ability to make appropriate trade-offs when owning a scope
- Highly comfortable with ambiguity, able to discover solutions when given a problem.
- A high-performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Not afraid to communicate what's working and what needs to change or challenge the team.
- Knowledge or experience with DDD, event-based architectures, EventSourcing, asynchronous programming and architecture is an asset.
- Prior experience or motivation to learn functional programming languages such as F#, Elm, Haskell, Erlang, Elixir, ML, OCaml, Lisp, Scheme, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Julia in an academic, personal or professional context is an asset.
- Knowledge and motivation to learn Machine Learning and Computer Vision is an asset.
Apply through Work at a Startup or send your resume at careers(at)withflint.com
Why you should join Flint
Looking for World Class Talent to help us build a World Class Company
We're Flexport for the wholesale of food. We are on a mission to take the hassle out of purchasing for the food industry!
How we work:
We're a firm believer of Cross Functional Teams, centered around moving the needle on key business metrics, with each team fully equipped and having the expertise to execute like a mini-startup within the organization. You'll be expected to work alongside engineers, generalists, marketers, etc. Applying your domain expertise to help us move the needle where it most matters.
Why join us?
- We're growing faster than weeds on a lawn 🌱
- YC Funded and backed by investors such as the co-founder of Twitch 💸
- Equity options in what could be the next Amazon/Google 📈
- Awesome Culture focused on freedom and responsibility 👨👩👧👦
- Opportunity to shape a $8T industry and maybe have a wiki page about you one day 📜