Full Stack Engineer at Fuzzbuzz
About the role
We’re building the next generation of computer-assisted software development tools. Fuzzbuzz is a fuzzing as a service platform that integrates into CI systems and modern software dev workflows. Fuzzing is a type of automated testing that generates and runs thousands of inputs per second on your code to try and find bugs and security vulnerabilities. It uses code coverage and other signals from your code to guide the tests it generates and runs. You can read more here.
We’re well funded ($3M seed round in 2019) from some of the best tech investors & founders, namely Y Combinator, Fuel Capital, Susa Ventures and the founders of Docker, Mesosphere, CockroachDB, Yelp and Looker.
About the Team
We’re currently a team of 8 people and prefer keeping the team tight, only hiring when it makes sense. This allows us to iterate faster and get very comfortable working with each other. You’ll be 11% of the team, so all of the work you do will be extremely critical and immediately impact users. We pride ourselves in being a very humble, and capable team.
Given our size, we prefer having everyone working at the same location. We’re at 541 Jefferson Ave in Redwood City, CA - 10 min walk from the Caltrain. Remote ok, but prefer someone in SF Bay Area. That being said, 3/8 of the team is remote and we try to keep things remote-first (Slack first, documentation heavy, etc). We also do quarterly retreats with everyone.
- Define the DevOps and security standards of tomorrow Fuzzing is seeing more widespread usage than ever before, but there is still work to be done before it sees mass adoption. We’re uniquely positioned to bring fuzzing to the developer community and make software testing more effective than ever before.
- Product-first culture with an emphasis on engineering Working on a technical product means working with very technical people. We embrace technical challenges and take them head-on. We use tools/frameworks because they get the job done, not because they’re the current flavor of the month.
- Early stage, funded startup By joining Fuzzbuzz at this critical early stage, as one of our first team members, you’ll be shaping not only our product, but our company & engineering culture as well. We’re well funded, and pay in the top 10% of companies in SF at our stage.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, architect and build the Fuzzbuzz platform (frontend & API)
- Work with our designer to build a beautiful platform with a focus on simplicity
- Work with fuzzing team to integrate fuzzing tooling into the platform
- Work with founders to define product roadmap
- Define internal engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Work and iterate closely with users
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience as a full stack software engineer
- 2+ years experience with or willingness to learn Go
- 2+ years experience with React
- Strong understanding of Typescript
- Experience designing and building APIs
- Familiar with Linux
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Ability to navigate & take ownership of complex problems from design through to final implementation
- Full health, dental & vision insurance
- Unlimited, guilt-free PTO
- Flexible hours
- Ergonomic workstation
Why you should join Fuzzbuzz
We're Fuzzbuzz and we're building a fuzzing as a service platform that integrates into CI systems and the modern software testing workflow. Fuzzing is a type of automated testing that generates and runs thousands of inputs per second on your code to try and find bugs and vulnerabilities. It uses code coverage and other signals from your code to guide the tests it generates and runs. You can read more here.