Senior Associate, International Growth at Gather
About the role
We are building a virtual universe which fundamentally improves how people interact online.
Today, that means a powerful remote-social platform. We already have people working out of our office spaces, attending our virtual conferences, or going to school on our campus spaces. We have folks hosting everything from magic conventions to artist EP launches to thanksgiving dinners, and even a few weddings.
The mission of Gather is to remove physical constraints on peoples' lives, and provide a virtual world which surpasses the real one in interconnectedness, personal touch, and expressiveness.
This is a first-of-its-kind generalist role where the focus is on growing Gather internationally. The near-term objective will be to expand our presence in Korea and additional Asian countries where Gather has a foothold.
Success in this role will require a business-minded approach to a wide range of projects and a scrappy attitude to try experiments and own projects end-to-end. Areas of focus will be business development (service partners & strategic partners), understanding the needs of end users and communicating this with the team, and creative growth mechanisms (paid advertising, email marketing, community-building campaigns, etc).
- Collaborate with our Growth teams to build out sustainable channels across both user acquisition and user retention
- Work with the Partnerships team to build out a robust partnership base in Asia and spearhead the expansion in Asia
- Run growth experiments to hit usage and revenue goals
- Understand our end users in depth and be the liaison between them and the rest of the company
- Discover opportunities to price more competitively in targeted countries
- Lead a team over time of regional ambassadors who will help identify potential partners/customers
- Strategically act on other opportunities that we can't predict right now
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in a growth-related role at a start up
- Bias for action - moves fast, willingness to be scrappy to get the job done and achieve desired outcomes
- Analytical mindset and the ability to use data and metrics to drive decisions
- Willingness to pivot between different work streams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy when speaking with partners, users, and teammates
- SQL experience & advanced understanding of Excel
- Experience with HubSpot, Facebook/Google/LinkedIn Ads, & Amplitude, a plus
- Multi-lingual (fluency in English and Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Mandarin, or Japanese, etc.)
- Flexibility to remotely work partially in Asia & US time zones
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipends
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.
Why you should join Gather
Gather is a video chat platform designed to make virtual interactions more human. Our mission is to create opportunity and connection for everyone, no matter where they are. We do this by building the Metaverse, a virtual layer over the physical world where people can work, socialize, and learn.
Since we launched in May of 2020, Gather has brought millions of people together. We have raised a total of $77 million in Series A and B from Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, and more. We’re a small, friendly team based out of a state-of-the-art virtual office, where you can work whenever and wherever suits you. Come join us!