Robots that mine physical data to predict when things break.
Who We Are
Gecko Robotics (Gecko) is focused on protecting and maintaining civilizations' most critical infrastructure, with machines and platforms.
Traditional manual maintenance is dangerous, slow and reactive. Gecko’s solutions improve safety and speed (10x) while gathering more data (1000x) to predict infrastructure failures before they happen.
Gecko services customers across the USA and internationally primarily in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Pulp & Paper markets.
Job At A Glance
Gecko is launching a new SaaS product offering and is seeking a Technical Lead Engineer to join a brand new team! In this role, you will work on a highly collaborative team to design, engineer, and launch this new SaaS product offering and bring it to scale. You will be one of the founding members of the new software team, building user experiences and APIs that will digitally transform the industries that power our society today. You will have the opportunity to lead integrations and build "command centers" for our customers, utilizing the first of its kind Robotics-as-a-Service (RaaS) data, and mapping assets to drive decisions for our customers. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact, solve interesting problems, and grow at an amazing company.
What You Will Do
● Design, implement, and verify new features in a continuous integration environment.
● Collaborate and interface heavily with UX and Product to build a brand new product from the ground up.
● Lead design and code reviews when needed.
● Use critical thinking skills to debug problems and develop solutions to challenging technical problems.
● Interact with other engineers from multiple disciplines in a team environment.
● Develop tests to ensure the integrity and availability of the application.
● Provide and review technical documentation.
What Gecko Is Looking For
● Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
● Demonstrated ability in writing performant, scalable code
● Demonstrated ability in taking a SaaS product from 0-1 and beyond
● Dedication to test-driven development and designing production-ready systems
● Deep understanding of a backend web development frameworks (Django, Flask, Node.js, Spring, Ruby, or Laravel)
● Familiarity with Computer Science fundamentals and ability to apply those fundamentals to code
● Awareness of best practices for scaling backend architectures
Every year $2 Trillion is spent due to infrastructure failure in the energy sector. Gecko has developed wall-climbing robots and predictive software that dramatically reduce these failures.
We Make products for human-driven analysis of real-world data.