Platform Engineer (AWS) at Gerald Technologies, Inc
About the role
About This Role We are looking for a senior Platform engineer with experience in building and scaling services in a cloud environment (AWS) who will stand as a technical leader across globally distributed Data Engineering and Software Engineering teams, making key decisions on the technical direction and tooling used to ensure operational alignment globally. You will be a passionate technologist who is excited about automation and engineering, and building future proof production reliable platforms, ensuring operational excellence is met throughout. Ultimately, you will help us meet the enormous challenges around managing the performance and reliability of a data-intensive product.
Required Tech-Stack AWS ECS and Auto Scaling, EC2/Fargate, RDS (PostgreSQL), Lambda Functions, VPC, Load Balancer, API Gateway, Security Groups, CloudFormation, AWS Batch
How You Will Contribute
- Build automation scripts and frameworks to improve operational processes and procedures
- Provision AWS resources based on the Architecture design and features aligned with business objectives.
- Capacity Management: managing services and component capacity requirements
- Assistance with automated data ingestion, data migration and transformation
- Managing and mitigating technology outages which can interrupt business operations
- Prepare and implement backups and disaster recovery plans
- Optimise the company's computing architecture
- You will use infrastructure as code tools to the needs of the organization's application developer & data engineers.
- Learn, deploy and document newer technologies for the potential deployment of services following a development and release lifecycle
- Driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes
Technical Expertise That We Believe Will Make You Successful In This Role
- Min 5 years of strong technical background leading DevOps/Platform Engineering team using AWS
- An expert with AWS. You’re familiar with the vast majority of AWS tools and how to get the most from them
- MUST have managed infrastructure at scale (multiple microservices)
- Excellent knowledge of immutable infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Deployment
- Deep understanding of modern DevOps platforms and technologies - including Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, IaaC (Cloudformation)
- A global vision and drive for Developer efficiency across a large business with huge growth potential
- Experience of providing 2nd and 3rd level support to end users across an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact with users to evaluate and solve problems and experience working across all areas of Technology to support a 24x7 environment
- Ability to write scripts without effort
- Experience with AWS CDK and Node.js will be an asset. Good to have AWS Certification
Soft-Skills That Will Come Handy
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Head for problem-solving
- Having a flexible working style
- Being a team player
- Comfortable with working unsupervised
Why you should join Gerald Technologies, Inc
Paying bills sucks. It sucks even more for about a third of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, and struggling to pay bills on time. About 100 million Americans are at risk of paying overdraft fees if they auto-pay their bills, and are forced to manually log into and pay up to 10 biller accounts each month. Why are so many people wasting their time and energy manually paying bills to avoid overdraft fees? Because they are not using Gerald!
Gerald is on a mission to eliminate stress about paying bills. We are transforming bill payments by providing consumers with an application for linking and automatically paying their household bills while offering overdraft and late fee protection for all their biller accounts. Our app tracks and pays bills so our users don’t have to. We offer banking services; direct deposits, credit building, cash advance and rewards to simplify bill payments for both billers accounts and consumers.
Our platform combines fintech, payments, and big data to create an empowering and rewarding user experience for making timely bill payments.