UI Engineer at Gerald Technologies, Inc
About the role
About This Role As a UI Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing the design and development of front-end applications that meet the needs of the user. Your focus will be on building the front end of the application along with full stack engineers on your team with a focus on scalability, maintainability, reusability and testability.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for working with your delivery team to prioritize, plan and develop features for our platform. You will spend a lot of time working with senior software engineers and directors; pushing the team towards the latest tools, technologies, and best practice and laying out the basic code architecture so an offshore team can run with it.
Roles and responsibilities
- Discuss application features and design ideas with the team
- Research similar application designs and user interface modules
- Writing the front-end code and build the user interface
- Propose new technologies and implement PoC
- Identify performance & scalability challenges and provide a technical solution
- Advocate usage of new open source tools/frameworks and percolate the knowledge to the engineering team
- Debug code errors and troubleshoot software issues
- Conduct live application tests and tweaks
- Update web applications in line with user trends
Technical Expertise That We Believe Will Make You Successful In This Role
- 3+ years of experience as a UI Engineer
- Experience with Typescript is preferred. React Native experience will be an asset
- In-depth knowledge of user interface models, application design, and website functionality.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Good knowledge of cloud hosting tools like Netlify, AWS S3, Cloudflare, Heroku etc.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable Modules and Components
- Deep understanding of Web Performance and Web Accessibility
- Take responsibility for their code: follow through with it and address any issues that result from it in the future
- Knowledge of industry standard software best practices, development lifecycle processes and Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Web Design, or similar field
Soft-Skills That Will Come Handy
- Sharp mind, flat out smart, willing to take direction
- Ambitious, dedicated, and a little eccentric
- Team oriented, willingness to standardize code and architecture
- Strong attention to detail
- Head for problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Having a flexible working style
- Being self-motivated and having a desire to learn new technologies
- Comfortable with working unsupervised
- Good communication skills
Why you should join Gerald Technologies, Inc
Paying bills sucks. It sucks even more for about a third of Americans living paycheck to paycheck, and struggling to pay bills on time. About 100 million Americans are at risk of paying overdraft fees if they auto-pay their bills, and are forced to manually log into and pay up to 10 biller accounts each month. Why are so many people wasting their time and energy manually paying bills to avoid overdraft fees? Because they are not using Gerald!
Gerald is on a mission to eliminate stress about paying bills. We are transforming bill payments by providing consumers with an application for linking and automatically paying their household bills while offering overdraft and late fee protection for all their biller accounts. Our app tracks and pays bills so our users don’t have to. We offer banking services; direct deposits, credit building, cash advance and rewards to simplify bill payments for both billers accounts and consumers.
Our platform combines fintech, payments, and big data to create an empowering and rewarding user experience for making timely bill payments.