Product Engineer at Duckly
About the role
We're looking for software engineers who enjoy building products and are comfortable with significant responsibilities. You'll work on a variety of projects and problems and own large parts of the codebase.
As one of the first hires, you'll be crucial for scaling the company including its architecture, testing, monitoring, codebase, best practices, culture, etc.
- You will build and maintain user-facing features.
- You will develop real-time collaboration features.
- You will contribute and maintain our IDE extensions and other integrations.
- You will design, develop and maintain our infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- You will interview and coach other talented engineers.
- Strong experience as a Software Engineer, writing clean, testable and maintainable code.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs.
- Experience with GCP/AWS, Kubernetes or cloud-native environments.
- Willingness to solve challenging problems.
- Ability to readily learn most technologies on-the-go.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Verbal and written English fluency.
- Experience using WebRTC.
- Experience with video related products or video streaming infrastructure.
- Experience building IDE extensions.
- Experience with Java/Kotlin.
- Experience with React.
- Experience using MongoDB.
- Experience with distributed systems, CRDTs, real-time collaboration.
- Published blog posts and/or tech talks about your work.
Why you should join Duckly
Duckly is a video chat tool built for teams that allows you to talk and collaborate in real-time.
Teams can use a simple URL that is easy to join and remember. You can share a website and allow your colleagues to click, type, and browse with you. You can share your code directly from your IDE or even share a terminal session that your team can interact with. All with high-quality audio and video chat.
We started building Duckly (previously called GitDuck) after working some months remotely and struggling to keep learning from each other like when we were together in the same office. We are solving that. We are building tools for real-time remote collaboration that makes it easy for teams to work as if they were side by side and share what they know.
Duckly was founded in 2019 by Thiago Monteiro and Dragos Fotescu. We have been working together since 2016 when we built a fintech and working remotely since 2018 while building a user feedback marketplace. We are a remote-first company and we spend most of our time between San Francisco and Barcelona. GitDuck is backed by General Catalyst, Notation Capital, Gradient (Google AI's fund) and Y Combinator.
We are looking for the first people to join the co-founders and build a world-class team. We are looking for product engineers that are curious, empathetic and user-oriented teammates. Your role will change as we grow, but you are comfortable with it. You like taking ownership, learning, adapting and moving fast.
- Solve the massive collaboration problem for developers working remotely/distributed.
- Build a world-class developer tool.
- Work closely with a talented founding team with complementary skills.
- Be part of the foundation of a great company and product.
Who you are
- You are comfortable with very fast-paced environments (other people call it chaos).
- You like early-stage startups, you don't like bureaucracies and politics.
- You are a senior full-stack engineer with experience building high-growth services.
- You care deeply about the users and their experience.
- You have critical thinking, but you don't over-analyze things. You love moving fast.