Senior QA Engineer
About the role
Glide is looking for engineers to help us accomplish our mission to create the next billion software developers.
We know how messy & difficult software development is, and we have some ideas about a better way—a way that's simple but not simplistic, easy but not boring, and powerful but still fun. Come help us build it!
You'll spend your time
- Leading QA efforts at Glide
- Building and managing our test suite
- Teaching the rest of the team about best practices
- Setting up processes to ensure only the best version of Glide makes it to production
- Supporting our support team
- Talking to and learning from customers
This job might be perfect for you if...
- You have at least four years of experience as a QA engineer
- You are passionate about software quality and correctness
- You have a track record of success
- You have strong organizational skills and are a good communicator
- You have a love and respect for customer-centric, design-driven software development
Definitely mention if you have...
- Fluency with web stacks (Node, TypeScript, Firebase)
- Contributed significantly to open source projects
- You've built something quirky and fun that you're excited about
How we build Glide
Glide is implemented with TypeScript. We have a custom component system that implements a reactive computation model similar to spreadsheets, that currently has React bindings so that apps run in the browser and as PWAs on iOS and Android.
Our backend is built on Firebase and Firestore, although we plan to move to a custom backend someday to support unique computations required by our programming model.
We use GitHub for code collaboration, have integration tests in place, and use GitHub flow & CI to automate deployments from branches across staging and production environments.
Why you should join Glide
Glide makes it easy & fun for anyone with basic spreadsheet skills to create beautiful, useful apps.
Our mission is to create a billion new software developers by 2030. We will accomplish this by applying spreadsheet-style programming to end-user software creation, making it easy & fun for anyone to create amazing apps without code
We are product designers, front-end aficionados, and open source geeks. Our culture consists of focus on the mission, love of our customer, and respect for one another. If you join us, we will help you level-up professionally, develop as a leader, and pay you!
We're funded by some of the best early-stage investors in the world, including First Round, SV Angel; the CEOs of GitHub, Figma, and AngelList; and current & former leaders from Apple, Facebook, and Microsoft.