Senior Software Engineer, Security at GOAT Group
About the role
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
As an engineer focused on security, you’ll be critical in providing the core authentication and authorization services and frameworks that GOAT product engineers leverage consistently across the organization. By abstracting away complexity and enforcing security guarantees, you will enable developers to iterate quickly and focus on building while ensuring no compromises on security are made.
We’re looking for a senior engineer with a strong background or interest in security and building well-designed abstractions. You should be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail, and adept at communicating and working cross-functionally.
In this role you will:
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems at scale from end-to-end.
- Build new services and frameworks for GOAT product teams
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as product, application security, and infrastructure
- Have an opportunity to integrate and further develop your security expertise
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience building impactful products or systems.
- Enjoy doing anything it takes to solve problems, and seeing projects through to completion
- Take delight in crafting great, easy-to-use security abstractions and find innovative ways of increasing adoption of these tools
- Take pride in designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems at scale
- Reason clearly about security and product tradeoffs, while also balancing such priorities and decisions
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Why you should join GOAT Group
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel, and accessories. Operating two distinct brands – GOAT, the global platform for style and Flight Club, the original sneaker consignment store – GOAT Group has a global community of over 25M members across 164 countries. The greatest selection from the past, present and future are displayed on company-operated mobile apps, e-commerce sites and retail stores. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of commerce, converging the primary and resale markets.