Senior Android Engineer at GOAT Group
About the role
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We’re looking for a product-driven Android Engineer with a strong appreciation for great design not only in products and visual presentation, but also in code and technical architecture. As an early member of our GOAT China-based engineering team, you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with teams in both the US and China to adapt our mobile products according to local Chinese consumer needs.
Title: Senior Android Engineer, GOAT China
Reporting to: Engineer Manager of China
Language requirement: Fluent in Mandarin and English
Location: Shanghai, China
In this role you will:
- Be a team-player to cooperate with team tasks in leading GOAT’s expansion into China via mobile e-Commerce
- Collaborate with the GOAT US Product and Engineering teams, and China team to localize the GOAT native Android apps for the China market
- Use product requirements and technical designs to write well-engineered, robust code that meets the Chinese market needs
- Align with the product to rigorously prioritize app functionality within our roadmaps to ensure efficient speed to market and a high-quality user experience
- Work with our teams to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Contribute to the innovation, data, design, critique, and continual improvement of the app
- Keep up to date with the latest capabilities and features of each Android release
We are looking for:
- About 3-5 years of experience building and launching high-quality Apps for Android in China
- Experience “converting” US Android apps into localized versions for the China market
- Experience shipping a Kotlin Android app in the Chinese market
- Experience writing and utilizing unit tests to build maintainable and flexible code
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Understanding of the sneaker market and sneaker culture within China is a plus
- Experience with RxJava
- Experience with MVP, MVVM, and MVI
- Experience with implementing Push Notifications in China
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Why you should join GOAT Group
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel, and accessories. Operating two distinct brands – GOAT, the global platform for style and Flight Club, the original sneaker consignment store – GOAT Group has a global community of over 25M members across 164 countries. The greatest selection from the past, present and future are displayed on company-operated mobile apps, e-commerce sites and retail stores. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of commerce, converging the primary and resale markets.