Data Engineering Manager at GOAT Group
About the role
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Data Engineering leader to lead a team of exceptional data engineers. You will play a key role in inspiring and driving the data efforts of the engineering team to deliver the highest priority features in the quickest way possible while managing technical risk and quality.
In this role you will:
- Support existing data pipelines and systems in production
- Design and develop new ETL data pipelines and streaming processes that are highly available, scalable, and reliable
- Design and develop machine learning models to derive insights and support product and engineering initiatives
- Maintain and evolve dimensional data models and schema designs to improve performance efficiency
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product stakeholders to define data ingestion standards and best practices
- Manage and mentor a small team
We are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years experience building and maintaining large scale analytics systems
- 5+ years programming experience, Scala preferred
- Strong understanding of architecting, developing, and maintaining cloud technologies, architecting (especially in AWS)
- Experience with NoSQL or RDBMS platforms - DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, or Postgres
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Why you should join GOAT Group
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel, and accessories. Operating two distinct brands – GOAT, the global platform for style and Flight Club, the original sneaker consignment store – GOAT Group has a global community of over 25M members across 164 countries. The greatest selection from the past, present and future are displayed on company-operated mobile apps, e-commerce sites and retail stores. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of commerce, converging the primary and resale markets.