Who we are
At GoLinks, we create products and experiences that make work easier for individuals and teams. We believe that the knowledge people use every day to build products, collaborate with team members, and help customers should be readily accessible. We’re on a mission to connect employees with the information they need to be productive and successful at any place, at any time. Our remote-first startup thrives as a nimble and scrappy team and we are growing fast! We’re excited to bring on new team members who are inclusive, possess a growth mindset, and excel at what they do.
About the role
An Engineering Manager is key to our growing engineering department and growth goals. In this position your responsibilities are to manage an ideal team of 5-8 engineers, monitor team velocity, contribute technical knowledge for a product or project, and conduct performance reviews and capacity planning. Within your first 90 days you can expect to foster cross departmental communication, build team rapport and conduct 1 on 1’s with each team member. A great engineering manager will inspire team productivity and push new feature builds.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, and refine product development, testing, and manufacturing processes.
- Manage staff and assign tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Lead teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversee project logistics and resource allocation.
- Regular code reviews.
Who you are
- 2+ years of relevant team management experience. You have managed an engineering team of at least 5 backend engineers, including hiring. You’ve worked with tools like Jira and produced team reports. You have also taken on code reviews for engineers you managed.
- 2+ years of IC experience building web applications. In order to understand engineering challenges, you must have experience as an individual contributor in the Backend. You have experience working with Object Oriented Programming languages, relational databases and APIs.
- Startup growth mindset. We’re quickly growing, and being a part of a startup means that business goals exist 3 months in the future rather than 3 years. You are someone who thrives in a quickly-changing environment with the ability to hyperfocus and quickly pivot when needed.
- Experience scaling a team. This role will help establish how we plan, how we execute, and the building blocks of the Engineering team as a whole. You are someone who is excited by the opportunity to create that foundation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You communicate clearly and empathetically in writing and verbally. You build trust with team members, candidates, and stakeholders through active listening, follow through, and open communication.
- BSCS or MSCS.
We’re extra excited if…
- You have experience with startup growth
You can effectively query data to help make decisions
- You have experience with PHP
- You have experience with AWS
Our Benefits & Perks
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, including FSA
Life Insurance, AD&D, STD and LTD benefits
- EAP & monthly wellness stipend for your physical and mental health
- 401(k) retirement plan to save for your future
- Unlimited PTO for sick days and vacation days
- New hire and monthly WFH office stipend to cultivate a better work environment
- All-expenses paid company off-sites and free lunch bi-weekly at Company meetings
- Professional development and mentorship
- MacBook Pro or equivalent laptop
- Flexible WFH schedule to manage your personal obligations
- Flexible remote work environment: coffee shop, beach, or anywhere in between