Who we are
At GoLinks, we create products and experiences that make work easier for individuals and teams. We believe that the knowledge people use every day to build products, collaborate with team members, and help customers should be readily accessible. We’re on a mission to connect employees with the information they need to be productive and successful at any place, at any time. Our remote-first startup thrives as a nimble and scrappy team and we are growing fast! We’re excited to bring on new team members who are inclusive, possess a growth mindset, and excel at what they do.
About the role
GoLinks is focused on building high-quality products with a focus on sharing internal knowledge for companies of all sizes. We are a product and business driven engineering team where your insights and experiences will directly affect the product roadmap and the future of the business. As one of the early backend engineers on our team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with designers and other engineers to implement the backend services that define our core product. Our engineers are encouraged to explore and solve open-ended problems while growing their technical knowledge. We are a supportive team that gets things done while having fun doing so. Come join our team of both industry veterans and rising stars in building robust, user-centered products.
What you’ll do
- Build exciting new APIs and integrate with partner APIs (such as Slack, Jira, Zapier and more) to improve the GoLinks ecosystem
- Construct complex SQL queries to retrieve unique data insights for customers to display in a user friendly dashboard
- Conduct code reviews and write specification documents
- Effectively communicate technical issues to other product and engineering teams
- Identify team-impacting problems, suggest solutions, and drive resolution
- Listen to customers and implement features based on customer feedback
- Keep up to date with backend engineering trends and best practices
Who you are
- Backend development. You have 5+ years of industry experience. You are passionate about backend technologies and continuously seek out opportunities to learn and apply your experience in this area.
- Object-Oriented Programming. You are comfortable with OOP data structures in languages such as PHP, Java, Python, or other similar OOP languages.
- Database experience. You have knowledge and experience with relational databases such as SQL, MySQL or Postgres.
- Security. You have a basic understanding of security risks when building customer-facing applications.
- Proactive problem solving. You can decompose complex problems and work towards a clean solution. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Computer Science foundation. BSCS or equivalent work experience
We’re extra excited if...
- You have full stack experience from backend to frontend
- You have experience with AWS and DevOps
- You’ve worked in a remote environment
- You are familiar with Agile Methodologies
Our benefits & perks
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, including FSA
Life Insurance, AD&D, STD and LTD benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan to save for your future
- Unlimited PTO for sick days and vacation days
- EAP & monthly wellness stipend for your physical and mental health
- All-expenses paid company off-sites and free lunch bi-weekly at Company meetings
- Professional development and mentorship
- MacBook Pro or equivalent laptop
- Flexible WFH schedule to manage your personal obligations
- Flexible remote work environment: coffee shop, beach, or anywhere in between