Backend Engineer at Gordian Software
About the role
About Gordian Software
We are building the operating system for the airline industry - a platform that connects all participants and integrates the information and complexity of hundreds of systems that go into delivering air travel.
In 2017, we launched with this mission and started on an unsolved problem: empower travel sites to upsell seat selection, baggage and other upgrades. Through a simple and unique API and widget, we’ve signed huge customers like Priceline, Hopper and Trip.com and work with industry leaders. We have annualized revenue of over $7m and grown 5x from to 2019, despite headwinds from one of the worst modern travel environments.
Our traction speaks for itself and we’re growing rapidly to expand our offerings. Our work has earned us backing from investors like Y Combinator, Localglobe and the founders of Skyscanner and Plaid.
We come from a diverse range of industries and backgrounds and we are united by our culture. It is our most important asset. We have a strong sense for who we are: we are fast movers and operate with freedom, impact and ownership.
Join our team to create the future of air travel.
About the role
This is a core technical role at Gordian. You’ll handle complex data modeling, automation, software architecture and writing code on a daily basis to deliver our services to more than 1 million passengers per day.
You’ll be given high level business problems and context on those problems. You’ll then take end to end ownership to solve them.
Recent examples of high impact projects:
- Design and implement a seat and bag refund API for all the complexities of flight reschedule, cancellation and other scenarios
- Identify and remove transaction processing bottlenecks to enable us to 5x our traffic
- Select and implement a PCI proxy vendor to keep sensitive payment information away from our servers
You’ll be an integral part of a fast moving, extremely focused product team where you will be able to lead large and impactful projects. We hold each other to high expectations and empower everyone to create massive impact from day 1.
Our product team and every engineer works directly with all internal teams, external customers and CEO. We are a highly engaged collaborative company where everyone has total ownership and exposure.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience, with any modern tech stack
- Ability to understand and articulate the customer needs your work addresses
- Proven ability to manage high complexity projects
- Motivated by a fast paced, high impact environment
- Proactive and comfortable operating amidst ambiguity
- Clear communicator with a bias to collaborate
- High alignment with our values of Freedom, Impact and Ownership
Gordian Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Why you should join Gordian Software
Gordian Software builds APIs for travel websites to sell airline add-ons such as seat selection and baggage. It serves more than 10 million passengers per month and grew 1,500% in 2021. Launched in 2017, Gordian’s customers include two of the three largest travel websites in the world. It is backed by Y Combinator and other leading investors.