Product Engineer at Govly
About the role
The Role We're looking for a product focused software engineer who can help us design and build out Govly. We need people who are autonomous with founder mindsets. You'll be part of the founding team and be responsible for large, unstructured projects.
These projects might include:
- Designing and building the social network user experience for our partner network (chat, profiles, invites, etc.)
- Finding the most efficient and effective way to parse any inbound opportunity (RFQ, RFP, etc.) into our search index without building specific parsers per opportunity type
- Ingesting ALL federal spending data (many billions of spending data) and providing an analytics platform to slice and dice the data in the context of our current opportunity funnel (thousands of opportunities per day)
What you'll do
- Work with our founding team and customers to deeply understand the market and the friction points of our users in order to continuously build empathy for the problem
- Design, build, and maintain the Govly platform with the following priorities (in order): customers, extensibility, scalability (the last two will switch at some point, but we're not there yet)
- Translate broad specs into well designed and implemented product
What you'll need
- You'll likely be pretty senior, with the projects, repos, or experience to prove your capable of shipping great products
- Bonus points for experience with Google Cloud, React, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis
- We need a team of product focused builders who can understand customer friction and design solutions with a high degree of autonomy
What we offer We'll offer competitive salary and equity with planned increases in salary after our Series A. You'll be helping us build our culture, so we're not going to list off any fancy perks. Anything that will help people do their best work will be on the table and we can decide as a team.
Requirements We're currently only hiring in the US and in the following timezones: MST, PST, HST
Why you should join Govly
Govly is building a market network for B2G and B2B procurement. We're starting out by building a network for government prime contractors, manufacturers, resellers and distributors where they can collaborate on opportunities to sell to the government.
We are also starting to post private sector opportunities to our platform, creating a reverse auction for B2B procurement.
We have strong traction with early customers including HP, Cisco and VMware. Our founders have over 40 years of procurement experience and have sold over $2.5B to the federal government alone.