iOS Engineer at Grain
About the role
Grain turns your debit card into a credit card by syncing with your primary checking account, analyzing your cashflow; then offering up a line of credit tailored to you (not your credit score). We never run a credit check. We never reject anyone. We don’t issue a physical card. Millennials, Gen Zs, and immigrants are using Grain as an alternative to the credit card in order to establish credit history or ease their cash flow.
We're challenging the notion that debit and revolving credit need to be distinct, siloed products. We believe that one should very much inform the other - one card with access to both.
We’re a YC-backed and venture funded startup. Since launching last year, we’ve been growing about 127% MoM on average with a 4.8 ratings on the App Store.
The role is completely remote. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location
About the Role
As the 2nd iOS engineer on the team, you will wear multiple hats as well as having the opportunity to:
- Make a massive impact & influence outcomes for customers alongside passionate coworkers who believe in the mission.
- Make, own, and carry out decisions related to product and engineering
- Promote best practices and ensure a high quality bar is maintained.
- Talk to customers and collect feedback to understand their needs, and help drive the prioritization of solutions that have the highest impact.
- Build intuitive features to improve the experience for mobile users.
- 3+ years of full-time experience as an iOS engineer
- BS in Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Deep understanding and/or solid experience with Swift
- Comfortable with Storyboard and Auto-Layout
- Excellent working knowledge of industry best practices
- Production app experience at scale - releasing, troubleshooting, monitoring, refactoring etc.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical & dental insurance coverage
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Generous vacation policy
- Volunteer time off
As a diverse and inclusive team, we are committed to ensuring everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to empowering everyone in accessing and managing credit. Everyone is welcome!
Why you should join Grain
Grain replaces credit cards with a safe line of credit attached to the user’s existing debit card. So, we do not issue a card whatsoever. We give ~100M Millennials, Gen Zs and immigrants a line of credit based on their debit card activity that they can use to establish credit history or ease their cash flow.