Technical Support Engineer at Grain
About the role
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- assist customers in resolving their technical issues via our support CRM.
- identify and capture product bugs and poor UX based on your interactions with customers.
- collaborate with product engineers in fixing bugs and adding features.
- work with the support team to solve technical issues by escalation and coordination.
- implement bug fixes and features that address customer technical issues as well as enhance our support CRM and support tooling.
- create and update customer and employee facing technical support documentation.
- provide direct input to product goals and roadmap, company priorities, and strategy based on your direct knowledge of customer needs and issues.
- participate in hiring by assessing applications and assist with interviewing.
- report directly to technical senior leadership.
- you have around 1+ years of experience in a support or service-oriented customer facing role.
- you have experience in writing support content or documentation.
- you have experience in managing customer support cases from the beginning to end.
- you have experience in translating customer technical issues into bug reports.
- you have experience in using a support CRM such as ZenDesk, Salesforce, FreshDesk or the like.
- you're not afraid to communicate with customers over the phone if necessary and have the temperament to manage interactions with happy as well as frustrated customers
- you have the ability and patience to debug complex issues and the prowess to aid in determining and implementing a solution
- you're excited by spotting patterns of issues and then creating solutions that ultimately solve pain points for a large number of customers
- you have around 3+ years of experience in NodeJS and are comfortable reading and writing in ES6
- you have foundational knowledge of SQL and can perform CRUD operations via the database.
- you have experience in using bug tracking/project management software.
- you have experience in using GitHub including creating PRs.
- you can communicate technical issues and topics to customers and team members making it digestible for various technical skill levels.
- you can work in 2-week sprints in agile software development cycles.
Why you should join Grain
Grain replaces credit cards with a safe line of credit attached to the user’s existing debit card. So, we do not issue a card whatsoever. We give ~100M Millennials, Gen Zs and immigrants a line of credit based on their debit card activity that they can use to establish credit history or ease their cash flow.