Software Engineer (Backend)
About the role
As the 5th employee, you will wear multiple hats as well as having the opportunity to:
- Make a massive impact & influence outcomes for customers alongside passionate coworkers who believe in the mission.
- Make, own, and carry out decisions related to product and engineering
- Talk to customers and collect feedback to understand their needs, and help drive the prioritization of solutions that have the highest impact.
- 5+ years of full-time experience as a Software Engineer
- BS in Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Architecturally sound and proficient in large scale system design
- Deep understanding of the semantics of Node.js (event loop, streams, events, etc)
- Experience scaling and optimizing performance of applications to support rapid growth
- Experience integrating with external APIs
- Experience with background job processing, queues, etc
- Strong experience with relational databases (Postgres or otherwise), including schema and query design, implementation, and optimization
- Ability to work autonomously while delivering timely results
Why you should join Grain
Grain replaces credit cards with a safe line of credit attached to the user’s existing debit card. So, we do not issue a card whatsoever. We give ~100M Millennials, Gen Zs and immigrants a line of credit based on their debit card activity that they can use to establish credit history or ease their cash flow.