Mid-Level Software Engineer (Backend) at Grain
About the role
Grain turns your debit card into a credit card by syncing with your primary checking account, analyzing your cashflow; then offering up a line of credit tailored to you (not your credit score). We never run a credit check. We never reject anyone. We don’t issue a physical card. Millennials, Gen Zs, and immigrants are using Grain as an alternative to the credit card in order to establish credit history or ease their cash flow.
We're challenging the notion that debit and revolving credit need to be distinct, siloed products. We believe that one should very much inform the other - one card with access to both.
We’re a YC-backed and venture funded startup. Since launching last year, we’ve been growing about 127% MoM on average with a 4.8 ratings on the App Store.
- 3+ years of full-time experience as a Software Engineer
- BS in Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Deep experience in NodeJS development
- Love writing RESTful APIs using ExpressJS Framework
- Experience using ORMs responsibly (knows what a N+1 query looks like)
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Comfortable in the command line
- Hungry to jump in and learn
- Ability to work autonomously while delivering timely results
Benefits & Perks:
- $1,500.00 professional development budget
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Internet reimbursement
- Home office $1,000.00 stipend
- Unlimited PTO with manager approval
- Mental health days off
- Annual company offsite
Why you should join Grain
Grain replaces credit cards with a safe line of credit attached to the user’s existing debit card. So, we do not issue a card whatsoever. We give ~100M Millennials, Gen Zs and immigrants a line of credit based on their debit card activity that they can use to establish credit history or ease their cash flow.